Car seat ?? for cp baby

vlswager

I have a 27mo who has very mild cp. She is currently RF in a RA50Classic and an Symphony 65. She's very tiny 33.5" & 25.6lbs. I plan on RF until she outgrows the seats, which will probably be close to 4 as they both RF to 35lbs and she's got a short torso.

I have no problems turning her FF when she outgrows either seat RF, she has pretty good tone and I feel she'll be equally safe. My question is this....we have two Maestro's we use for our 4yo but we'll be starting to booster train her this October when she turns five so if that goes well I'll have the Maestro to pass on to baby when she's ready to FF. But I'm thinking I'll want her harnessed much longer than her sister just b/c of the cp. Would the Frontier be a good option or do you think the Maestro will be just fine? I guess I"m more worried about comfort than anything else. Since she's so small I'm guessing she'd be able to use the Maestro in booster mode longer than her sister will. Sorry this is rambly.

ADS

jess71903

Ambassador
Honestly, I'd let her use the RA50 and Symphony FF as long as she can, then re-evaluate. If you feel at that point she could still use a harness, then pick from what's out at the time.

Honestly, I'd let her use the RA50 and Symphony FF as long as she can, then re-evaluate. If you feel at that point she could still use a harness, then pick from what's out at the time.

I agree. She is quite young so I would use the seats RF to the max then FF to the max (or expiry), and see what her needs are when she's older. Some kids like to be little wiggle worms and need to be harnessed longer, some have no problem sitting still in a booster at age 5-6.

vlswager

My brain is apparently not working right because even thought I'm addicted to car seats and have at least 6 right now for 2 kids I completely forgot I can use those seats FF! The RA will get her to at least 4 and the Symphony she will be able to use in booster mode too. Duh. Thank you for bringing me back to reality :)

My brain is apparently not working right because even thought I'm addicted to car seats and have at least 6 right now for 2 kids I completely forgot I can use those seats FF! The RA will get her to at least 4 and the Symphony she will be able to use in booster mode too. Duh. Thank you for bringing me back to reality :)

We all have those days ;)

Side note, the booster mode on the Symphony fits most kids well enough, but it is usually extremely short-lived, due to the placement of the shoulder belt guides relative to the top harness slots (not a whole lot of difference height-wise). Boosters are quite a ways off for your kiddo right now, and by the time she's old enough and ready to booster, there will be a whole new crop of boosters to choose from, so we can cross that bridge when we come to it :)

flipper68

Senior Community Member
We all have those days ;)

Side note, the booster mode on the Symphony fits most kids well enough, but it is usually extremely short-lived, due to the placement of the shoulder belt guides relative to the top harness slots (not a whole lot of difference height-wise). Boosters are quite a ways off for your kiddo right now, and by the time she's old enough and ready to booster, there will be a whole new crop of boosters to choose from, so we can cross that bridge when we come to it :)

Ditto for Maestro as a booster.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC