3 across in an infiniti jx35/qx60?

theriviera

I am expecting dc#3 in 2 months. I will have a newly 5 year old in a harnessed britax frontier 90 and a newly 3 yo ff in a britax marathon. I also own a chicco next fit. We have a grace snug ride 35 for the baby.

Is there a combo of seats that would let me do 3 across in my car? As it is, it's tough for me to fit between the 2 seats and I'm fairly petite.

We have the option of the 3rd row but I would like to keep that space available if possible.

Thanks!

ADS

wavegal

I think with the keyfit and a radian rear facing it would work with the frontier90, you have 55in of hip room and the frontier90 is is 19 at the widest spot.

vdubpower

three across is very difficult

we have a 2006 denali and can do it with any combination of our seats,
currently we are using 2 pro sports and 1 pro ride rear facing....before we had a chicco 20 rear faced instead of the pro ride....they fit across middle row well.

i dont think any other style car can do it....our other car is E class mecedes and it cant, and even the GL mercedes cant i dont believe

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
i dont think any other style car can do it....our other car is E class mecedes and it cant, and even the GL mercedes cant i dont believe

That's really not true. People don't need to drive a Denali or other large SUV to get three-across. We can get three-across many -- probably even most -- vehicles with the right combination of seats. $800 on new seats is usually cheaper than a new vehicle.

OP, what size shirt does your 5yo wear? If you put him in the Marathon (is it a 65# or 70# limit Marathon?), where are his shoulders in relation to the top strap slots?

vdubpower

well id love to be able to get 3 across in a midsize car......please advise me/teach me how

i have a 6 yr old, 3 and 18 mos children

currently they are in 2 prosports and one rear facing proride ( trying to keep him rear, tho wife wants to turn him)

the E class mercedes 2012, has latches on the windows seats.....i need to have the proride by a door as its hard to get the boy in a rear facing and do his belt if he is in the middle...

tips???

theriviera

That's really not true. People don't need to drive a Denali or other large SUV to get three-across. We can get three-across many -- probably even most -- vehicles with the right combination of seats. $800 on new seats is usually cheaper than a new vehicle. OP, what size shirt does your 5yo wear? If you put him in the Marathon (is it a 65# or 70# limit Marathon?), where are his shoulders in relation to the top strap slots?

She has a super long torso and has been wearing 5t tops since she was 4.5.

theriviera

Ok, 2 months later and we still haven't figured this out.

I just ordered a Radian RXT. I have 2 riders FF, one who is 3 and one who is 5. Just curious if anyone has managed this since I posted last.

ebp913

Ok, 2 months later and we still haven't figured this out.

I just ordered a Radian RXT. I have 2 riders FF, one who is 3 and one who is 5. Just curious if anyone has managed this since I posted last.

I might try the Harmony Defender if the Radians don't work. Even if they do, I might still try the Defenders because they are longer lasting seats for kids who are already forward facing. They are very narrow and then you can try the Snugride with them.

If the 2 Radians or Defenders with Snugride doesn't work, you can try a Coccoro or even the Radian for the newborn. There are actually quite a lot of options and you may need to play with the arrangement/order in your vehicle.

For reference, I have 3 across in one of our cars and I can only make it work with the seats in precise places. If I move one seat to a different position, I can't fit them all so keep that in mind as you go.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC