Cardiff headrest

christineka

I bought one and it arrived today. For the cost, it should come assembled- or at least with more detailed instructions. I just shredded my finger (and applied neosporan and band-aid). This is the instruction guide. http://cardiffproducts.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Cardiff_Instructions_Final_SM.pdf

I still have not managed to get the wings in the bar. I went online for more help and I get the same thing that came in the package. Anyone have this? I need help! I shove the wings in, but they don't snap in like they should.

ADS

christineka

I figured it out. I think the picture in the instructions is wrong. 12 year old says she likes it. We'll test it out tomorrow for the long, early drive to orchestra.

IMG_5562_zpsb25a664b.jpg

Dillipop

Mine is sitting on my side porch 400 miles away from me. It showed up weds. And we were supposed to leave Thursday. Ended up leaving weds morning before it arrived. So sad because I was really looking forward to sleeping on our long trip!

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I hadn't heard Recaro had ok'ed a noodle to help with tipping. That's cool! It's all good by them?

Wendy

teekadog

Looking at that pic makes me wonder if the Cardiff would help the wonky shoulder belts in my third row... and if that would be good or bad.

penguingrooves

i also ordered one, hahaha! it's in my living room, still packed. i don't plan on using it for a while, so i don't know why i got it so soon, oy. i also expect the price to drop in the future since early adopters tend to end up paying higher prices.

it looks great! thanks for posting. i hope the drive goes well.

christineka

WHat do they feel like? Kinda squishy, or hard?

There is a removable cover over the wings. They feel firm, but comfortable. For my 12 year old, anyway. I figure if there are any complaints, I can stuff foam underneath since the whole thing is an amp anyway.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
How did it go for the orchestra drive?

I'm intrigued by these. I've long wished for headwings for grown ups!

tjham

i also ordered one, hahaha! it's in my living room, still packed. i don't plan on using it for a while, so i don't know why i got it so soon, oy. i also expect the price to drop in the future since early adopters tend to end up paying higher prices.

I was a little :eek: at how much they cost. They should come out and install it for you at that price! :p

christineka

I wanted to wait. I really did, but kid was falling over when she'd sleep and so the first $50 I got, I spent on the headrest. Crazy kid brought a book to orchestra, read it all the way there and back, so no sleeping. We'll see if she does tomorrow. We do our music sojourn on Mondays and she always sleeps for part of that drive.

Hello Everyone,

We are working on the instructions that will make it a lot more easier to assemble. If anyone has any trouble assembling there unit please go to www.cardiffproducts.com and on the home page there is a quick instructional video that will make the assembly very simple.

Also if anyone has any other questions or concerns like fitment, vehicle applications etc.. please don't hesitate to reach out through our website or post a comment here. :)

Thank You!

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Hello Everyone,

We are working on the instructions that will make it a lot more easier to assemble. If anyone has any trouble assembling there unit please go to www.cardiffproducts.com and on the home page there is a quick instructional video that will make the assembly very simple.

Also if anyone has any other questions or concerns like fitment, vehicle applications etc.. please don't hesitate to reach out through our website or post a comment here. :)

Thank You!

Any chance there is a tech discount in the works (hint, hint, nudge nudge)?

Mostly just kidding, but on a serious note, as a special needs tech and mom of a SN kid, I can see a place for this for low-tone kids who are other wise mature enough to manage a booster that is considerably less expensive than a booster with a positioning harness and would love to have a loaner set for families to try out.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
The video's great. I needed it the other day when I kept double-checking DH's work while he was trying to get the headwings clicked into the bar. The instruction sheet would have been a little nicer in color, with a little more step-by-step instruction. Though the 'buttons should face outwards' was very clear and led us pretty much to a great install once we were strong enough to shove the tabs into the slots hard enough to click.
I'd love the company to sell replacement covers to go over the arms, like in gray and tan, to match my car (even a 'deluxe' model with memory foam? I expect my Cardiff to last many, many years, so buying extra covers will be a small price to pay for fashion and comfort :)).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC