Chicco Activ3 Jogging Stroller

MyTwoSons

Anyone have this or tried it out?

I was considering the Baby Jogger City Mini GT, but now I'm wondering about this one since it can actually be used as a jogger. Correct me if I am wrong, but the BJCM GT is more of a walking stroller than used for jogging right?

I'm looking for a high weight capacity all terrain stroller that will work decently on sidewalks, grassy parks, gravel/dirt trails, and hills. I won't be using it in any extremely off road situations though. I would also like to be able to use it indoors sometimes such as the mall or museum, so I would prefer it be at least more toward the compact end of the 3 wheel strollers spectrum.

Thoughts?

ADS

SavsMom

Anyone have this or tried it out? I was considering the Baby Jogger City Mini GT, but now I'm wondering about this one since it can actually be used as a jogger. Correct me if I am wrong, but the BJCM GT is more of a walking stroller than used for jogging right? I'm looking for a high weight capacity all terrain stroller that will work decently on sidewalks, grassy parks, gravel/dirt trails, and hills. I won't be using it in any extremely off road situations though. I would also like to be able to use it indoors sometimes such as the mall or museum, so I would prefer it be at least more toward the compact end of the 3 wheel strollers spectrum. Thoughts?

I saw one the other day and while it looks nice - it is huge.
I have a BJCM and have had it on sidewalks, the beach and grass with zero issues at all - if I were you I would just get the GT as it would be more than adequate for what you are describing, not to mention the fold is amazing and compact.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
If you want a fairly compact all-terrain with high weight capacity, you can also see if you can find an Easywalker Qtro... I love mine.

I would also look at the Valco TriMode.

MyTwoSons

Well, I went ahead and took a chance and bought the Chicco ($224 with Babies R Us trade-in deal). As much as I like the idea of one of the higher-end strollers (especially the Valco TriMode that Ketchupqueen recommended!), I just can't justify the price right now.

I only need it for moderate use for one child for probably 2 years max, so I can't use the reasoning that the price will be an investment for years to come or multiple children. Plus, I've never used one of the higher-end ones outside of the store, so I won't really know what I'm missing out on! On top of the fact that I've recently purchased a Performance Sport, and I have a new Performance Booster and Parkway sitting here waiting for me to decide which one I'm keeping! My husband might have a cow if I spent so much on a stroller right now :eek:

Anyway, here's a link to some side by side pics of the Chicco with the Baby Jogger City Mini GT (since that's the other one I was considering when I went to the store the first time). http://s1147.photobucket.com/user/Mommy2sons/library/Chicco Activ3 Jogging Stroller

And here's the link to the Baby Gizmo video of it, if anyone else is checking into it. http://blog.babygizmo.com/2013/11/chicco-activ3-stroller-review-video/

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC