Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Chicco Activ3 Jogging Stroller

Anyone have this or tried it out?

I was considering the Baby Jogger City Mini GT, but now I'm wondering about this one since it can actually be used as a jogger. Correct me if I am wrong, but the BJCM GT is more of a walking stroller than used for jogging right?

I'm looking for a high weight capacity all terrain stroller that will work decently on sidewalks, grassy parks, gravel/dirt trails, and hills. I won't be using it in any extremely off road situations though. I would also like to be able to use it indoors sometimes such as the mall or museum, so I would prefer it be at least more toward the compact end of the 3 wheel strollers spectrum.

Thoughts?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Quote Originally Posted by MyTwoSons View Post
    Anyone have this or tried it out? I was considering the Baby Jogger City Mini GT, but now I'm wondering about this one since it can actually be used as a jogger. Correct me if I am wrong, but the BJCM GT is more of a walking stroller than used for jogging right? I'm looking for a high weight capacity all terrain stroller that will work decently on sidewalks, grassy parks, gravel/dirt trails, and hills. I won't be using it in any extremely off road situations though. I would also like to be able to use it indoors sometimes such as the mall or museum, so I would prefer it be at least more toward the compact end of the 3 wheel strollers spectrum. Thoughts?
    I saw one the other day and while it looks nice - it is huge.
    I have a BJCM and have had it on sidewalks, the beach and grass with zero issues at all - if I were you I would just get the GT as it would be more than adequate for what you are describing, not to mention the fold is amazing and compact.

DD - 12/07 - Backless Turbo
    DS - 9/13 - Boulevard

4. Thank You from:

CPS Fanatic

Re: Chicco Activ3 Jogging Stroller

The wheels are kind of small, even if they are air filled, I don't think it would be very good for jogging. Very bumpy for the kid.

6. Thank You from:

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

If you want a fairly compact all-terrain with high weight capacity, you can also see if you can find an Easywalker Qtro... I love mine.

I would also look at the Valco TriMode.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

8. Thank You from:

Carseat Crazy

Well, I went ahead and took a chance and bought the Chicco ($224 with Babies R Us trade-in deal). As much as I like the idea of one of the higher-end strollers (especially the Valco TriMode that Ketchupqueen recommended!), I just can't justify the price right now.

I only need it for moderate use for one child for probably 2 years max, so I can't use the reasoning that the price will be an investment for years to come or multiple children. Plus, I've never used one of the higher-end ones outside of the store, so I won't really know what I'm missing out on! On top of the fact that I've recently purchased a Performance Sport, and I have a new Performance Booster and Parkway sitting here waiting for me to decide which one I'm keeping! My husband might have a cow if I spent so much on a stroller right now

Anyway, here's a link to some side by side pics of the Chicco with the Baby Jogger City Mini GT (since that's the other one I was considering when I went to the store the first time). http://s1147.photobucket.com/user/Mo...ing%20Stroller

And here's the link to the Baby Gizmo video of it, if anyone else is checking into it. http://blog.babygizmo.com/2013/11/ch...-review-video/