Clearance Cocorro

Kamy04

I was at Target today and saw a Cocorro on clearance. It's an online return, DOM aug. 2013. It was $110.

I have always read great things about it here. I am due in July. I plan on using an infant carrier. We also have a Scenera, Classic Marathon, Radian, Size4Me. (Latter 3 currently in use my DS1) I don't NEED this seat...unless I feel like using it instead of a Scenera at grandmas or we don't upgrade DS seats. (We plan on a Frontier at some point)

If this little guy takes after his brother, he will be long torsoed and tall. Will that limit use too much?

Should I? Seems like a good deal. I just don't know why it was returned. Would it still have to have tags attached or something?

I think it's licorice color, which is fine by me.

Talk me in or out! DH may kill me...lol...

ETA: I drive a 2010 Elantra and DH drives a 2005ish Focus. Grandparents drive 2009ish Mazda 5s.

Last edited:
ADS

cookie123

I know lots of people like it. I had difficulty with the install, never did feel comfortable that it was adequate, even though I used it a couple of times. I wasn't in love so I'd counsel to skip it! But then again, you might love it and have no install issues! You won't know until you buy it and try it. You could always return in if you don't like the install.

thekatie

I pink sparkly heart :loved: my Coccoro, and to be completely open... I cried when J2 outgrew it and I passed it on to a friend with a newborn. Actually cried. This was a couple months ago, and J2 still asks for his red seat. He liked our CCO too.

I didn't NEED it when I got it either. I could have attempted to justify it, did actually state it was for travel, but it wasn't a NEED. I bought it as a birthday gift to myself, mostly using Target gift cards I got that year.

I really think I have some magical vehicle that seats just install beautifully in. I never had a minute of trouble with the CCO after the first fumble of learning Euro belt routing. But I really didn't like the install at all, any form of it, in DH's Toyota Matrix. Hated it, wouldn't use the CCO in his car I hated the install so much. So I really think, even more so with this one than with many other seats, the vehicle matters a lot.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I came *THIS CLOSE* to crying when I lent mine to a friend a couple months back too. I really loved it. I have only ever had trouble with that seat in 2 or 3 distinct cars- in most it goes in like a dream with the Euro belt routing. But yeah, there are a few it's close to incompatible in. Try it out! IF tags are still on it should be fine.

scoutingbear

I have 2 of the difficult installs for this seat. That said, with LATCH it installed like a dream. And the Euro belt routing saved lots of headache on a 4 day road trip with 3 kids in the back of a sedan. And travel never crossed my mind when purchasing since we rarely ever travel but I ended up with 2 plane and 1 train trip and it was a dream to travel with.

ebp913

I adore my CCO too. It's just a great install for me in the cars I've done it in and it's perfect behind my very tall husband. We also have to do 3 across and we travel a lot so it's really a great fit for us. If you were looking for people to NOT enable you... you came to the wrong place!

Kamy04

It's been there for two weeks! I think people just haven't heard of it.

Hmmmmmm...anyone installed it in an Elantra or Focus? Lol. DH is the installer in this family.

I'm feeling stomach fluish, so guess I have to debate a bit longer ;)

kaharris83

We got ours as a travel seat for DS1. Love, love, love it to pieces and he'd basically outgrown it RF when DS2 arrived. So we used it from birth as DS2s primary seat. We hate infant buckets so didn't miss not having one for a second. It is an awesome travel seat, but we love it just as much as an every day seat. We have never had any trouble at all installing it in any vehicle, lots of rentals and our own vehicles. We usually only install with LATCH though, except the few occasions LATCH wasn't available.

Kamy04

Went back to Target today...it was still there!

So I bought it :D

DH actually agreed it was a good idea...double bonus!

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I love mine. My daughter outgrew it RF at 18 months, and FF before 3 (we never did use it FF). I didn't need it either. But it came in really handy once when we went out of town a few times on the train and she was just a *smidge* too tall for her Onboard Air and still had just a *smidge* of growing room in the Coccoro (it lasted her about 2 months longer than the Onboard Air; she was growing really fast at that point). It's awesome for hauling around and putting in a Taxi or rental car.

We did use it at home sometimes too, just because we could and my daughter was going through kind of a stage of hating to get into the car and switching to a different car seat helped break up the boredom or something. She really liked that seat.

I can't bring myself to get rid of it. I use it now and then for other peoples' kids in my car, but mostly it just sits in my stash hoping for another baby in the family someday. LOL.

cookie123

My On Board and Coccoro are both sitting there on the floor and they look about the same! Someone offered me $100 for my Coccoro on CL. I had listed it for $150. It gave me a pain in my heart!

thekatie

I use it now and then for other peoples' kids in my car, but mostly it just sits in my stash hoping for another baby in the family someday. LOL.
I said last night that I needed another baby so I could have another Coccoro, then begged the friend I sent ours to "send me pictures! I miss my Cherry Pie!"

jwilliams

Fantastic price! I got one of my Coccoros for $127 after tax thanks to a very obliging TRU ;)

It's such a nice seat to have in the car - you basically don't have to accommodate it at all because it's so compact.

My girls are 22m and we probably have another 6 months to RF in ours. Then they will move to Radians and I will be sad :(

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Car-Seat.Org

Aurezalia

It's been there for two weeks! I think people just haven't heard of it. Hmmmmmm...anyone installed it in an Elantra or Focus? Lol. DH is the installer in this family. I'm feeling stomach fluish, so guess I have to debate a bit longer ;)

Uh oh... What year elantra? It might work in newer body styles, but in my older body style I never managed to get an acceptable install. Finally had to call it incompatible and sell it.

Kamy04

It's a 2010 Elantra. Hopefully it works...if not in can go in grandmas car. It's basically a back up seat anyway, lol.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC