Nautilus chest clip issues

cookie123

Is there a problem with these that I haven't noticed? My friend is having trouble with her new one - says it's hard to do and she broke 2 nails lol! What should I advise if anything?

ADS

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I struggle with that style of chest clip too. I tried out the chest clip on a Size4Me 70 the other day (I think it's the same style as the Nautilus) and I didn't technically break a nail, but I found it extremely difficult to unbuckle and my hand slipped and my fingernail area hurt for an hour afterwards.

I don't have any suggestions, though. Since chest clips are just pre-crash positioners, can you swap out the clips for a different style? I see that on Amazon, you can buy a replacement chest clip for a Diono seat (which looks like an easier style to me) for about $14. I don't know if that's okay, though, since it wasn't crash tested with the Nautilus.

ETA: It's actually $11 -- I'm not sure how I messed that up. I also looked more closely at the package and it does say "Universal" which makes me think it would work with other car seats, but I still don't know if that's "okay" since it was crash tested with a Diono seat, not a Graco one.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Diono-40256-Lock-Tite-Chest/dp/B005PK1C20/ref=pd_sbs_ba_1"]Amazon.com: Lock Tite Chest Clip: Baby[/ame]

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I struggle with that style of chest clip too. I tried out the chest clip on a Size4Me 70 the other day (I think it's the same style as the Nautilus) and I didn't technically break a nail, but I found it extremely difficult to unbuckle and my hand slipped and my fingernail area hurt for an hour afterwards.

I don't have any suggestions, though. Since chest clips are just pre-crash positioners, can you swap out the clips for a different style? I see that on Amazon, you can buy a replacement chest clip for a Diono seat (which looks like an easier style to me) for about $14. I don't know if that's okay, though, since it wasn't crash tested with the Nautilus.

ETA: It's actually $11 -- I'm not sure how I messed that up. I also looked more closely at the package and it does say "Universal" which makes me think it would work with other car seats, but I still don't know if that's "okay" since it was crash tested with a Diono seat, not a Graco one.

Amazon.com: Lock Tite Chest Clip: Baby

No, you can not swap out the chest clip unless it is a specified alternative part for the carseat. Even though it's just a precrash positioner, the width and shape is designed to position the straps in a certain spot and another brand may spread them too far apart or too close together to work correctly.

MommyShannon

I just got a new Argos and it feels like it needs broken in. It seems to work easiest if I pinch it on the far right instead of the middle of the button part.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
The My Ride I had a few weeks ago had a clip that was super hard to undo as well. Had to use two hands, and hold one side of the clip while pressing in on the clip tongues at the very right. It was a pain and of the reasons the My Ride went back.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC