BOOSTERS idk where to even start.

Spam

I can't believe DS1 is even old enough to start looking at boosters already :( But I guess it's time, he's currently 5yr7m 54.5" 63lbs, torso is 18" He's currently in a FR90 and FR85, looking to start booster training once the snow melts. I don't know what's out, what's coming out, and what to avoid lol. Latch capability isn't important. Looking for a highback, deep sides, and he'd prefer green like Luigi but not necessary. So school me, where do I start to look? I know I could use either of the frontiers as a booster, I just don't like the weight of them and not having the ability to latch them down, plus I'd prefer to pass them down to ds2.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
This would be a lot easier if Diono would get on with their production, they have new stuff coming out that looks cool, but right now the only high end boosters are the Parkway (2013+ models ARE really nice, though), and Peg Perego (and I'm in love with the Rodifix, but at $250 it's too rich for my blood, lol) http://carseatblog.com/24280/abc-expo-2013-new-diono-little-tikes-boosters/ (Darn, it even says end of 2013... but now I think it's more like April or May).

jess71903

Ambassador
Yeah, I'm waiting on the Diono Cambria. It looks to have all that I want, including a not-so-startling price tag (MSRP is $99).

momtoo3

Target has the green HBTB with SS.

Ds3 is a few months younger than your ds1 but smaller (about 43 in and 39 pounds.) He likes his CruiserFix Pro and Vivo (which isn't an option anymore since it was discontinued :(.) He also likes the HBTB that the 5 yr old I watch uses in my van. He picks that over the CruiserFix when it's available. He will be getting a Recaro Performance Booster over the summer before the baby comes. He could use his ProSport as a booster for a couple of years because he is so tiny but I want the cup holders on the performance sport. He will most likely be next to the baby so one or him and one for baby will be helpful.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
With those stats he's definitely NOT a " smaller booster rider" though. He's youngish, but he's basically the size of my average 9 year old for pete's sake. Honestly, she finds the turbo to be tight and confining at this point. Will you be headed this way to try seats?? :)

gigi

I'd just use the frontiers. The turbo is almost too small for my 6.5 year old and he is much smaller than your kid.

Can you not latch the frontier in booster mode?

Phineasmama

I still love my Kiddy Cruiserfix. The Rodifix is also really nice but it doesn't have quite as much leg support as the Cruiserfix.

I guess if I were you I'd wait till the new Diono booster comes out before deciding.

YinzerMama

It wouldn't hurt to just go and try the ss turbo in the store. With only an 18 inch torso it might work. Width wise I am surprised my 10yo is ok in it - he was NOT ok in the recaros I had briefly.

ahgirls

It wouldn't hurt to just go and try the ss turbo in the store. With only an 18 inch torso it might work. Width wise I am surprised my 10yo is ok in it - he was NOT ok in the recaros I had briefly.

That is almost the exact stats of my dd. She is on the last click of the turbo with not much room left. It's my favorite car pool booster. I will cry when she out grows it.

I like the new parkway. Something to keep in mind one new booster mama to another. Is not all seat belts are compatible with all boosters. My Monterey didn't work with either of my Honda's. :( :( :(

YinzerMama

Hmm. I wonder why graco won't make a taller booster?? I feel like my girls have a ton of room to grow in this but I don't know. My oldest outgrew the turbo pretty young but he was always crazy tall, my girls are small/average and average/tall (not crazy tall).

Oh well they are nice while they last.

I think the cambria will be pretty cool... this is what Diono sent me when I asked when it was due out and what colors

"Hello:

The Monterey is now discontinued and we have came out with a new seat that is going to be released around Mid- April or beginning of May 2014 called the Cambria Highback Booster.

The Cambria has been designed and engineered with Safety Synergy technology to provide complete safety and protection for your child. It features deep, reinforced sides lined with energy absorbing EPS foam for side impact protection. 6-position headrest adjusts up to 6.5 inches in height with one hand for an easy, precise fit. Integrated LATCH connectors and front adjusters allow for a safe and secure installation in seconds. The seat bottom has extra length for leg support and features thick foam and tapered sides for total comfort. Dual cup/snack holders are extra convenient for your child. Cambria also packs flat for convenience.

I do not have the final colors that the Cambria will be available in as of yet.

Thank you-"

Spam

Thanks for the input. I tried him a turbo in store, he was maxing it, otherwise I love the green. Is the performance booster short also? Looks like I will probably be waiting for cambria too, I'd go with a parkway if it came in a better color option, I know lame excuse but I like color.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC