Infant seat choices?

brookity

If you were buying an infant seat right now, which seat would you choose? My cousin needs a recommendation and I am totally out of the loop. Budget is not an issue and the vehicles are a Honda Accord and a Chrysler 300. The seat will probably be my gift to her for her baby shower.

What would you recommend?

ADS

1mommy

If I had my dream seat it would be the Cybex Aton, but that was out if my price range for a seat that would last only a year, so I decided on a Chicco Keyfit which is known to be simple to install and use. The Britax BSafe might also be a good choice, are their any other considerations like tall parents so very little leg room or an expected tall/chunky baby? Do you know what stroller she wants or will she decide that based on the seat? Graco snugride 30/35 is normally also recommended but I can see with the recent recall that seat could have negative connotations regardless of if it's true or not.

nospam

Budget no object? Peg Perego Primo Viaggio SIP 30-30 Limited Edition; Uppababy Mesa; Nuna Pipa; Cybex Aton 2....

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Does she have a stroller in mind? I wouldn't buy a car seat based on a stroller, but I would keep it in mind.

We bought an Aton because it was the only one that fit comfortably in our car. That decision kinda locked us into high-end strollers as well, since the Aton doesn't work with many strollers and we wanted the convenience of a travel system. Still cheaper than buying a bigger car, but way more expensive than it had to be. We could have just gotten a Keyfit and a Chicco Cortina and saved hundreds of dollars.

So if money were truly no object, I would buy an Aton Q, Nuna Pipa, or Peg Perego 4.35. But I would also have to be prepared to shell out for a stroller that would go with it.

wavegal

Depending on how soon you need it the peg perego primo viaggio 4.35 should come out in April and looks really promising. There are also a few other really nice looking seats coming out. The B-safe is a nice seat for what is out now.

I know many love the keyfit but I am not a keyfit person...so much so I am passing on one for my newest baby

Jocey'sMommy

Keyfit, bsafe, or chaperone ... love my chaperone with ds. Used an sr35 with dd and thought it was awesome at the time, now I couldn't go back if I tried lol

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC