Mini van removable back seat?

megan.amarice

I think we are going to sell our truck and buy a mini van. One of the things that has me hesitating is that my parents borrow our truck a couple times a year to take product to street fairs. They helped us buy our truck with the stipulation that they could use it, and I want to be able to continue to let them use our vehicle. Can anyone point me to mini vans with removable or foldable seats that allow for decent cargo room? We will have 3 kids come Sept. with a slim possibility of a 4th sometime in the future, never transport other kids, and have no desire to get 3 in a row. We will definitely be buying used, probably 5-10 years old. I'm just starting to search, so any suggestions on what makes/models to start with?

ADS

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I can't think of any minivans within the last 10 years that have seats that don't fold or remove, one of the other. And that goes for both rows, not just the 3rd row.

BabyKaykes

I can't think of any minivans within the last 10 years that have seats that don't fold or remove, one of the other. And that goes for both rows, not just the 3rd row.

Yeah, this.

I have a 2004 T&C and all the back seats come out. Bonus, I can remove my 2nd row captains chairs and put the 3rd row bench in it's place, which I have done twice in order to haul 3 kids plus beach gear.

Keeyamah

My parents had a van when I was 3 that both seats (benches only) were removable. Ahhhh the memories in that van, the days of blissful ignorance about car safety and rolling on the floor on twisty mountain roads, sigh, lol. That van lasted until I was 13, which is why I remember it.

Edited to add: it was bought in 1989, FYI :p

MommyShannon

My DH was happily surprised with how much fits in our van. We have an '06 Ody and love it. The 3rd row just tumbles back into the trunk well area making a flat surface from the trunk up to the 2nd row. That space alone is nice. You can also take the 2nd row seats completely out for tons more room. I'd look at '06+ Odysseys and up to '10 Siennas. Both have lots of top tethers which is important with 3-4 kids and are well liked vans.

Last edited:

agave

I have an '06 Sedona I have carried 2 kids and a new bathtub in mine. It surprised the guys at Lowes when they opened the back of the van and a RF 2 yr old was staring at them.

jjordan

We have an 08 Sedona and brought home a queen-size mattress in the back, with the third row folded flat into the trunk and one of the 2nd row seats tumbled forward.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC