monza reha latch/footrest question

JOII

I have a question from a friend. Her daughter is almost nine and has mitochondrial disorder. A trusted friend is letting them borrow a Recaro Monza Reha while they wait for her to get fitted for a SN seat because her tone isn't good enough for a traditional booster. They are using it as a booster with seat belt, table/tray and foot rest base. This is what she asked:

The booster itself is not equipped with LATCH, but the swivel base (which we do have) is. However, the seat itself does not have the velcro strips on it anymore to attach to the swivel base. 1. Is it safe to use it without the base and just use the seat belt like with a normal booster? (because it seems to shift more than I like with turns and such) 2. If we should use the base, can I buy any kind of Velcro to put on the bottom of the seat for attaching it?

I think I understand the question but I have never seen a Monza IRL. Also she would prefer to use the footrest and base because her daughter prefers it and it keeps her in position. Thanks!

ADS

DaniannieB

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I think it would be best to ask the manufacturer of the seat. They know their products best,and would be able to guide you guidance on replacing the Velcro (if you can), use of accessories, etc.

ahgirls

Any pictures? I have a Monza instruction manual but it's very basic. :( Our Monza has the latch. I'll look in the morning to see. Also there is SN tech at the company I bought my seat from. He is very knowledgeable. I will see if I can find his number as well.

menfusse

I'm not 100% sure because we got our seat without the swivel base and with latch on the seat, but were given the option to order without latch so I would say yes. Have her double check and explain what she's talking about to Thomashilfen, but the foot rest should also come out of the swivel base a there are holes with little plastic caps that pop off to fit that foot rest into the seat it's self. The reason I'm not sure, is because I don't know if the seat is changed at a basic manufacturing level to be used with the swivel base or not. So in theory, she should be able to, but I would call. The techs at Thomashilfen are great and should enable to walk her through it.

ahgirls

I'm not 100% sure because we got our seat without the swivel base and with latch on the seat, but were given the option to order without latch so I would say yes. Have her double check and explain what she's talking about to Thomashilfen, but the foot rest should also come out of the swivel base a there are holes with little plastic caps that pop off to fit that foot rest into the seat it's self. The reason I'm not sure, is because I don't know if the seat is changed at a basic manufacturing level to be used with the swivel base or not. So in theory, she should be able to, but I would call. The techs at Thomashilfen are great and should enable to walk her through it.

This is my thought too. It's the seatbelt that holds the seat in place.

Menfusse how long have you had your seat for your dd?

ahgirls

You want Andrew at 1-866-870-2122. This is a Seattle area company, they run on Pacific time. There is another guy there but his information is very limited. Andrew is a tech with SN training too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC