New Seats at Walmart

MotoMommaNH

Yay for our local (crummy) Walmart! They swapped out the ComfortSport for the Contender 65 and Fit4Me ! I got to see them in person and was very pleased. :)

Also saw the Urbini travel systems in person. Cool!!

That is all :)

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
This was the first time in the years and years since our WM opened that the carseats were finally all assembled and in the right places, I was thrilled. Huge new Bubblebum Display! Happy to see the Contender and the Fit4Me (way to go with that, Graco, that seat didn't have enough names yet...). Sad to see the Defender and Dreamtime gone, though. Wish the Dorel booster with the big drawer underneath came in grownup colors instead of mickey and minnie, my dd would love the blue and green one.

YinzerMama

The contender is the stripped down size4me... is the fit4me just another name for the size4me/headwise/mysize? Why are exclusive patterns no longer enough??

I need to see the urbani. I might want it for the stroller alone!

hboo22

I saw the Contender 65 at our Walmart yesterday! And I've been looking at the Fit4Me online- so it's the same as the other Graco clones?! I was going to come on here and ask that!

YinzerMama

I believe it is, and I wonder if its some ones crazy idea so we can price match from one store to another.

I'm assuming you mean can't? They already do the exclusive patterns for that same reason so it's really mystifying.

It's like how Dickens books were so long because he originally wrote columns and got paid by the inch, maybe someone at Graco is paid for every name they generate? :D

Jocey'sMommy

Can someone talk to me/ link me info on the contender? Saw it in my wm the other day, might work for a friend on a budget

MommyShannon

It's basically the Graco Headwise/Size4Me without as many frills. It just has a recline foot that flips forward and I think some other minor differences. It's still the tallest rf seat available.

D&L's-mommy

I was so excited when I saw all the new seats at walmart. the selection in my store was pretty terrible before. I was also glad to see on the graco fit4me, and contender, signs that said the aap recommends rf to a minimum of 2 and harness as long as they fit. Hopefully that will make some parents think.

I never heard of Urbini, we don't have them in our store, not that I saw...they are pretty awesome, and the prices are amazing

nannykates

My store has one of the urbini travel systems and im sooo tempted to buy it to play and take pics and measurements and return it.

Phineasmama

I'm wondering if anyone has tried the Baby Trend 3 in 1 seat, it looks a lot better than the FastBack and narrower too...

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I borrowed one for a tech update last week. Install is a nightmare. Techs in teams of 2 were struggling, even with me standing there coaching them through it.

There is a "front entry" for use with tether & a "rear entry" for use without. Rear entry never wants to get tight & front entry is this crazy serpentine thing that used all of the belt on my test bench...

Phineasmama

I borrowed one for a tech update last week. Install is a nightmare. Techs in teams of 2 were struggling, even with me standing there coaching them through it.

There is a "front entry" for use with tether & a "rear entry" for use without. Rear entry never wants to get tight & front entry is this crazy serpentine thing that used all of the belt on my test bench...

Oh great so there'll be a bunch of them (purchased from wal mart no doubt) out there with totally loose or crazy/incorrect installs. Wonderful!

I didn't know that it only goes to 50 lbs in harness mode so I'm not too crazy about that.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician

I installed one once with the rear entry, and it was rock solid. LATCH. Though, since I used the top tether it was of course wrong. Then I set up the front entry for a dad the other day, which took both of us reading the manual and making sure the belt was right to get set up. I told him to run back in the store if he couldn't install it and I'd help him, but I never saw him again, hopefully it worked ok (???). Most parents loathe the tight crotch strap and no butt room, and I use the word 'complicated' a time or two, and they are scared off of wanting it :cool:

Nania seats are just a nightmare, I still get panic attack remembering how my old Airway was such a pain... (They always look so pretty on the Team-Tex website, at least they did, back in the day when I was desperately seeking anything that harnessed past 40lbs....)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC