Question long belt path sienna van

M

mokyinme

We have a Britax Frontier 85 in a 2012 Sienna that we recently switched from latch to long belt path. We visited a car seat check and it was recommended we switch to the long belt path. Child is 4 years old, 40" tall, and 32 pounds. The seat is in the 2nd row and 2 times in the last month the seat belt buckle (not the car seat buckle) has come undone requiring a complete reinstall of the carseat. I think both times someone has depressed the button while climbing into the 3rd row.
I have two questions:

Is there a way to safely cover the button so it can not "accidentally" be depressed?

Because the seatbelt is being used to secure the car seat we can no long move the second row captain's chair forward or backward. This makes getting into the 3rd row very difficult. There is a rear facing car seat in the other captain's chair so this side was our go to access to the 3rd row. Any words of wisdom?

Thanks for your help!

ADS

Keeyamah

As for covering the buckle, I've seen in recommended to use a sock or plastic cup to cover a buckle stalk. I'm sorry I don't have any advice for your other questions though, I've only got experience with a bench in the second row of any 3 row vehicle I've been in in my whole life.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC