Incognito Price Increase?

sunnydayz

I bought an Incognito off Amazon a few months ago for $19. I need to pick up another, and the price is now $40! Ds technically 5 steps, but I prefer he use the Incognito at age 9. At that price I may just move the one I have between cars. Any reason for the price doubling?

ADS

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I bought mine I think at 29, thought that was standard. No idea why it's skyrocketed!

kater-tot82

Wow that's crazy. Looks like dark grey is still 19.99 but only 6 are left in stock. I wonder why the price increased so much?? I thought the low price point was a great selling point for it...a lot of people are willing to pay $20 but $40??

sunnydayz

Wow that's crazy. Looks like dark grey is still 19.99 but only 6 are left in stock. I wonder why the price increased so much?? I thought the low price point was a great selling point for it...a lot of people are willing to pay $20 but $40??

Thanks! I didn't see that one. That's not the color I needed, but it will do. :)

YinzerMama

A few months ago = november? I am kicking myself for not buying an affix when it was 55 then - then 50 for cyber monday or lightning deal or whatever - now back to 70. And it fluctuates all the time.

It could have been super low due to the season?

sunnydayz

Noooo, thats the most obnoxious thing ever! Nobody wants to pay $40 for a seat for kid who almost doesnt need a seat.

Yes!! Why move from a $12 Harmony backless that he's outgrown to a $40 Incognito?

Dh was laughing at me that it was the "paranoid mom"surcharge. I see nothing on the seat that warrants a $40 price tag.

YinzerMama

Yes!! Why move from a $12 Harmony backless that he's outgrown to a $40 Incognito?

Dh was laughing at me that it was the "paranoid mom"surcharge. I see nothing on the seat that warrants a $40 price tag.

Love it. It's like the crazy things they sell to prevent SIDS, like the mattresses with the box fan built in or the sleep sacks WITHOUT sleeves which cost more than the sleep sacks WITH sleeves because you want your baby to be safe, don't you???

I thought 30ish was about the going price and that seems high enough for what it is.

Hopefully this is just a goofy fluctuation?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I thought MSRP was supposed to be in the $20-25 range. You're right, no one but geeks like us are willing to pay $40 for a kid who almost doesn't need a booster.

sunnydayz

Love it. It's like the crazy things they sell to prevent SIDS, like the mattresses with the box fan built in or the sleep sacks WITHOUT sleeves which cost more than the sleep sacks WITH sleeves because you want your baby to be safe, don't you??? I thought 30ish was about the going price and that seems high enough for what it is. Hopefully this is just a goofy fluctuation?
So true! Thankfully I purchased the $19 one posted above between my rantings, so as to save myself further embarrassment. :)

YinzerMama

Now I wonder if I should grab 2 to have on hand before the price jumps! dark gray will work. But I am years from needing them...

What if they discontinue them??? :D

Cnidaria

I suspect it's just a weird Amazon price fluctuation. Things that are getting low in stock very often go up in price. Maybe they're running low on the initial shipment.

Do you all know about camelcamelcamel? You can sign up for price alerts for any Amazon product, for whatever threshold you set.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I don't think the $40 price tag will last. I think it's a supply and demand issue with Amazon. I expect we'll start seeing them in other stores like Target or Walmart, too.

Qarin

Usually the gouging is from third-party sellers, but in this case the $40 ones are still "shipped and sold by amazon.com".

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I notice there is no "list price" like they usually have when they are selling under or at list price (like on this page): [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Evenflo-Back-Booster-Seat-Paintbrush/dp/B00AJSIUAK/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1392017808&sr=8-3-fkmr0&keywords=incognito+kid+positioning+seat"]Amazon.com: Evenflo Amp Lx No Back Booster Car Seat, Paintbrush Pink: Baby[/ame]

I do wonder if they increased the price temporarily due to high demand and temporary low supply.

YinzerMama

Safety 1st doesn't give an MSRP on their website, either, to determine anything by.

Hopefully it won't remain an amazon exclusive.

sunnydayz

I notice there is no "list price" like they usually have when they are selling under or at list price (like on this page): Video Link: http://www.amazon.com/Evenflo-Back-Booster-Seat-Paintbrush/dp/B00AJSIUAK/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1392017808&sr=8-3-fkmr0&keywords=incognito+kid+positioning+seat I do wonder if they increased the price temporarily due to high demand and temporary low supply.

I hope it is an Amazon pricing glitch. I think they will price themselves out of their target market over a $25-$30 price point. I do think it's odd that the dark gray one only has 3 left, but is the lowest in price.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC