Question Safest narrow backless booster seat - Canada

U

Unregistered

Hoping u can help out a Canadian mom:) having fifth kid and now needing to put three kids in third row of 2011 suburban. Currently have the two five year olds in Evenflo maestro car seat (forward facing 5 pt harness); 3 year old also in this forward facing and two year old in rear facing Eddie Bauer. I will need to get three kids in third row so I have to go to two boosters for the 5 year olds and keep 3 year old in Evenflo 5 pt harness. Due to size restrictions I will have to give up high back booster that the current evenflos would become. Fortunately suburban has head rests in third row so I can go backless booster. What make and models do u suggest?? I'm looking for safest narrow.... And trying to not let guilt eat me that they won't be in 5 pt harnesses. Both kids are over 40 inches tall and both just weigh 40 lbs right now, probably more come summer when I have to fit in next baby....thank u!!!

ADS

canadiangie

Hi,

Welcome. :)

Just want to make sure you know you only have 1 tether anchor in your 3rd row. Lots of families mistakenly use the cargo hooks as tether anchors because the dealership says its dandy, but of course this is not correct.

I'm guessing you will be putting your forward facing harnessed kiddo 3rd row middle with a booster on either side? I'm not sure you will have enough room to do that with a Maestro in the mix, but I could be wrong. A better option might be a Graco MyRide because the base is very narrow and the widest parts sit up high, meaning backless boosters will sort of puzzle under/beside.

In terms of what backless booster, the Harmony backless at Walmart for $20 is narrow and a nice little seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC