Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Canada Safest narrow backless booster seat - Canada

Hoping u can help out a Canadian mom having fifth kid and now needing to put three kids in third row of 2011 suburban. Currently have the two five year olds in Evenflo maestro car seat (forward facing 5 pt harness); 3 year old also in this forward facing and two year old in rear facing Eddie Bauer. I will need to get three kids in third row so I have to go to two boosters for the 5 year olds and keep 3 year old in Evenflo 5 pt harness. Due to size restrictions I will have to give up high back booster that the current evenflos would become. Fortunately suburban has head rests in third row so I can go backless booster. What make and models do u suggest?? I'm looking for safest narrow.... And trying to not let guilt eat me that they won't be in 5 pt harnesses. Both kids are over 40 inches tall and both just weigh 40 lbs right now, probably more come summer when I have to fit in next baby....thank u!!!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Safest narrow backless booster seat - Canada

Hi,

Welcome.

Just want to make sure you know you only have 1 tether anchor in your 3rd row. Lots of families mistakenly use the cargo hooks as tether anchors because the dealership says its dandy, but of course this is not correct.

I'm guessing you will be putting your forward facing harnessed kiddo 3rd row middle with a booster on either side? I'm not sure you will have enough room to do that with a Maestro in the mix, but I could be wrong. A better option might be a Graco MyRide because the base is very narrow and the widest parts sit up high, meaning backless boosters will sort of puzzle under/beside.

In terms of what backless booster, the Harmony backless at Walmart for $20 is narrow and a nice little seat.

4. Thank You from: