Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Exclamation Rear facing car seat in a single cab truck

So my fiance and I recently found out that we are expecting our first child. We were talking about car seats today and realized that we know very little about whether or not we are aloud to put a car seat in his truck. He has a 2003 Chevy Silverado. I have a Ford Contour so if need be we can always use my car to transport our child. But I just wanted to know if it is okay to put a rear facing car seat in his truck since it is a single cab. All feedback will be extremely beneficial. Thank you.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Is there a switch to shut off the passenger airbag? If so, yes its do able. Not ideal for a daily transporter, but will work.
    Michelle

No, the center seat isn't allowed for car seats and isn't safe for you if it's a lap belt only. http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=238004
    If there is a key to turn off the passenger airbag, he could take the baby by himself sometimes.
    ~Shannon
    DD (11.5) Seatbelt; DS (9) Incognito; DD2 (7) Britax Parkway; DD3 (4.5) Graco Nautilus

Oh I was assuming OP was referring to passenger seat. Yeah center is a no go since the driver airbag would become a factor.
    Michelle