What seat is this? (Possibly discontinued?)

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Okay, so in looking up info about local seat checks, I came across this picture:

http://www.ci.burnsville.mn.us/index.aspx?NID=721

Anyone know what seat that is? It has no chest clip and seems to have some kind of tightening/locking mechanism on the harness strap itself, rather than a pull strap at the front. I have never seen a seat like that before. Is this an old picture or are these still around?

ADS

thekatie

I don't see a picture anywhere in the link either, but I'm on mobile so maybe that's why?

But from what you're describing it sounds like a seat I saw a while back that a friend said was foreign, but I don't remember where from or what type of seat. I remember thinking "it looks like they stuck the top tether strap where a harness goes" as for the adjuster part - just looked completely different than what I'm used to!

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
It only appears on the full site, not mobile.

Seat is either expired or - more likely - Euro. Often, the website is put together by folks not connected to the carseat program, so I wouldn't assume based on that photo that the quality of the tech is poor :)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The tightener's not too different in concept from that on an old Chase. Way better than rear-adjust...

It definitely looks both old and foreign.

YinzerMama

The tightener's not too different in concept from that on an old Chase. Way better than rear-adjust...

It definitely looks both old and foreign.

How old is that old chase? A friend recently posted a "what's wrong with this picture" picture of a kid she knows commenting on the car seat use - it wasn't a very good pic, I coudn't see enough to figure out what kind of seat it was, but I could tell it had brown plaid armrest and what looked like that sort of strap adjuster right below the chest clip. I had never seen anything like it. I thought it was creative misuse with an AOE but I googled and that is what it is, a Chase.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
They stopped selling that style just a year or two ago. As sitc said, some are still around in program use, plus stores may still have available stock. Many are current for the next five years or so I believe. I want to say that kind of chest clip makes it newer.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I dare someone with a polite demeanor to write to them and ask them to find a better stock photo to use, since that one is a baby under age one FF in a foreign seat, which isn't a good model for parents searching for proper information.
I LOVE their first blurb about seatbelt fit being more dependent on height than on age "As of July 1, 2009, a child who is both under age 8 and shorter than 4 feet 9 inches is required to be in a federally approved child safety seat. A child cannot use a seat belt alone until they are age 8 or 4 feet 9 inches tall-whichever comes first. It is recommended to keep a child in a booster based on their height, rather than their age."
(emphasis mine).

cookie123

I dare someone with a polite demeanor to write to them and ask them to find a better stock photo to use, since that one is a baby under age one FF in a foreign seat, which isn't a good model for parents searching for proper information.
I LOVE their first blurb about seatbelt fit being more dependent on height than on age "As of July 1, 2009, a child who is both under age 8 and shorter than 4 feet 9 inches is required to be in a federally approved child safety seat. A child cannot use a seat belt alone until they are age 8 or 4 feet 9 inches tall-whichever comes first. It is recommended to keep a child in a booster based on their height, rather than their age."
(emphasis mine).

I emailed them. It's in my community. I offered a photo of an older rear facer. Does anyone have a good one they would contribute? I have one of Matthew, but I'm not sure it's a great photo. It's a cell phone photo.

cookie123

They already emailed me back. They said they'd send my comments to their webmaster. All 3 photos are crappy - Matt is washed out from sun in the background. Hannah is also in it. Overall none are great photos. Actually, looking at them more critically, on two, the harness is loose with the chest clip way low. The other is the one with the harness covers on below the chest clip from when he was in his naughty phase! So if any one does have a great photo they'd want to volunteer, let me know. Maybe they'll ask for one!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC