Urbini Omni Travel System

ADS
They are new and are made by a supplier of Dorel products, Goodbaby.

They look really nice, but my guess is the seat is a comfy carry with nicer covers.

It was discussed on here a while ago.

U

Unregistered

proceed with caution, great price, but look closer

at first glance this omni travel system is quite intriguing, however i want to tell anyone considering buying it to proceed with caution. Many of the reviews from people who actually have one of these in hand are first time parents who set them up and are waiting for their baby to arrive so they can try it. From one person who had an older child, they put a 3 year old in it and said it was wobbly. Not necessarily bad, just something to think about, and since it is an 8 lb stroller you would expect that anyway. NOW, my big beef with this thing is the carseat. Another review noticed that it is basically exactly the same as the cosco "light and comfy" (same manufacturer) which is a $56 car seat. Since I can't find any details or reviews of the carseat anywhere, I have to wonder about the quality. They boast memory foam and 35lb weight limit, but that's it. Is it no-rethread? does it have that handy/essential pull strap on the front for adjusting the harness? Honestly from looking at the pictures it doesn't look like it.

So someone said this was a poor man's luxury stroller, and I would have to agree. I'm glad someone filled this niche in the market, but for those that think its a cheaper version of the crazy expensive brands, just understand that quality is going to be very different. for the carseat especially. Personally, I bought my first travel system for the look and the stroller features, paying no attention to the carseat, and that was a big mistake. First time parents don't know any better, and I just want to open their eyes so they know what they are getting with this.

U

Unregistered

reversible for less

oh forgot to mention, though there are some quality issues with the urbini, if you are still looking for an inexpensive reversible seat stroller/travel system, my research led me to purchase the kolcraft options 3-wheel (150 new on amazon). There's no basinette but it has cup holders, so depends on what you think you need more. downside is color choices but if you don't mind red its a great buy. Then I paired it with the matching baby trend Inertia (jester color) for 150 on walmart.com. You can't beat the quality of either of these products, and voila, you have a $300 reversible seat travel system.

Not sure why the kolcraft options and kolcraft contours are never talked about in forums discussing inexpensive reversible seat strollers, but I have the contours double stroller and the quality is absolutely amazing. I got my options 3-wheel a few weeks ago and it was the same high quality as expected. and you can't beat the price, well, you can with the urbini, but do you really want to have a poor quality car seat you're stuck with because it is the only one that works with the stroller you have/love. I've been there, its a tough position to be in, but ultimately you have to love every part of the travel system to make it worth it.

SavsMom

oh forgot to mention, though there are some quality issues with the urbini, if you are still looking for an inexpensive reversible seat stroller/travel system, my research led me to purchase the kolcraft options 3-wheel (150 new on amazon). There's no basinette but it has cup holders, so depends on what you think you need more. downside is color choices but if you don't mind red its a great buy. Then I paired it with the matching baby trend Inertia (jester color) for 150 on walmart.com. You can't beat the quality of either of these products, and voila, you have a $300 reversible seat travel system.

Not sure why the kolcraft options and kolcraft contours are never talked about in forums discussing inexpensive reversible seat strollers, but I have the contours double stroller and the quality is absolutely amazing. I got my options 3-wheel a few weeks ago and it was the same high quality as expected. and you can't beat the price, well, you can with the urbini, but do you really want to have a poor quality car seat you're stuck with because it is the only one that works with the stroller you have/love. I've been there, its a tough position to be in, but ultimately you have to love every part of the travel system to make it worth it.

The Contours are nice and they have been discussed here. If I recall the consensus here was that the seat backs on them were very short. I know personally I would rather spend more money on a stroller that will last much longer - kwim.

I have looked at the Urbini in Walmart and the car seat looked promising. The strollers look sleek and have nice features but lack the quality. But for $199 it's a fair deal. I think they would do better if they sold the infant seat only.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC