Question Graco Nautilus vs. Evenflo Sureride for large 2 year old in a Honda Fit?

U

Unregistered

Hello, wise ones. I'm getting overwhelmed searching these amazing forums for answers so thought I'd just pose my question to some folks who know what they're doing! We're looking for a replacement for our Britax Boulevard (currently FF in our Honda Fit). The seat is fine but we've never loved it, and it increasingly feels like we're squeezing our largish (36.5" tall, 35#, 14-15 in torso) 2.4 year old son into it. Granted, this may be a combo of the small car and his size. Most importantly, though, one of the chest HUGS pads has broken, so we're using the grandparents' car seat for now (the Safety First Onside Air, which I quite like but only goes to 40# if I'm not mistaken--sorry, swimming in numbers right now). I've looked through the forums and have narrowed it down (I think) to the Graco Nautilus and Evenflo Sureride but am definitely open to suggestions. What would you all recommend? Any help would be excellent. Thanks so much!

ADS

Keeyamah

I'd go with the Sureride and put him rearfacing again until he hits 40lbs and/or 40". I understand if that won't work, and in that case I might go with the Nautilus. Reason being my older DS is 4.5 years old, 48lbs and 44" and is almost running out of harness length in his Sureride. The nautilus won't have that happen. I only have a little bit of adjuster/harness length left and I won't be able to squish him in anymore :(. Although I do have several months (if not a year or more) before I run out, but it's still a worry of mine.

U

Unregistered

Keeyamah, thank you so much! Very helpful. I doubt the Sureride will give the passenger side much in the way of legroom RF, but if I can test it I'll give it a try. Otherwise, the Nautilus it is.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC