Titan 65/SureRide in Canada

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I saw the Titan 65 at Walmart today. It's a SureRide it would appear...except there's no cross-naming on the box like there often is. Just Titan 65. For $99 which is cool. The difference I noticed was there's no velcro strap to secure the recline for rear-facing like there is on the SureRide.

I called Evenflo to ask the differences, and they have no idea. The very helpful sales person checked everywhere she could think of, asked up the chain, and they have no record of a Titan 65 in Canada. She kept giving me info on the older (presumably phased out? gosh I hope so) Titan with the really low harness slots and 47lb weight limit.

I assume the seat I saw was Canadian, as there's French on the box, but I never actually thought to check for the NSM.

In order to track it down -- I would like to know why there's no velcro strap! -- she needs the DOM sticker info and the item number on the sticker on the outside of the box which might start with a #37. If anyone's there please take a pic of those two things and post it here and I'll follow up.

Last edited:
ADS

biddyk8

If no one has posted it by Fri/Sat I should be in a walmart then and will try and get it for you. Hopefully someone is there before that, I'm curious aswell about the differences.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The Titan 65 is the exact same thing as the SureRide, with less cushy cushions and cheaper covers, in the US. :) They aren't cross-branded on the box here, but are on the manual.

Pixelated

The Titan 65 is the exact same thing as the SureRide, with less cushy cushions and cheaper covers, in the US. :) They aren't cross-branded on the box here, but are on the manual.

That's what I thought too...and the SureRide manual here does say Titan 65 come to think of it.

So why no velcro strap?

Signed,

Nancy Drew

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
evenfloStickers_1.jpg

evenfloStickers_2.jpg

Pixelated

Thank you for the photos Techno - very helpful.

So Evenflo doesn't know why the strap isn't there and the woman I spoke to is going to take it up with their engineers. She's hoping to get back to me by Friday. I wondered if it was a mold change and the velcro strap may disappear from the SureRide. She definitely understood what I was asking though, so that's good news.

The Titan 65 is a SureRide exclusive to Walmart, so that explains that. The specs are the same.

Good news - the 47lb Titan is discontinued. Yay!

Pixelated

I installed one on Saturday. I noticed no Velcro either.

Was it a real live one, or a floor model display?

Evenflo called me back and the message left was that the model number given was a display one, and so the display seat may not have the velcro strap at all, but if I opened a box and checked a live one it would have the velcro strap, as it is required.

Confirmed also that it's exactly the same seat just a Walmart exclusive with the name Titan 65.

Brennan

On the evenflo website it has the differences as with the Titan there are 4 harness slots compared to the sureride's 6 and the rear facing height limit on the Titan is 37" vs 40" for the sureride. I have no idea how these would actually affect function

Pixelated

On the evenflo website it has the differences as with the Titan there are 4 harness slots compared to the sureride's 6 and the rear facing height limit on the Titan is 37" vs 40" for the sureride. I have no idea how these would actually affect function

I think the Titan being referred to is the old, discontinued one. The new Titan 65 at Walmart is definitely a SureRide clone with 6 harness slots. They share a manual, it's co-named. How I wish manufacturers would not recycle names.

Brennan

I think the Titan being referred to is the old, discontinued one. The new Titan 65 at Walmart is definitely a SureRide clone with 6 harness slots. They share a manual, it's co-named. How I wish manufacturers would not recycle names.

I'm glad to hear that it has 6 slots. The one on the website is not the old one, it has a 65 lb weight limit as opposed to the old 47 lb and it is the new design. Must be a typo on their part.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC