Tell me about the cosco APT

todzwife

My tiny almost 4 year old was DYING when she saw the minnie mouse APT from kmart. She's 39 inches and 29 pounds. I thought it might be a decent "back up" for the baby and my preschooler could ride in it for a bit until she outgrows it. I don't think it's going to be as comfortable as her frontier though.

I went ahead and got it, since I had a coupon code and paypal to cover it, but I'm curious what others have to say. It's not going to be an "all the time" seat for anyone. Does it install like a scenera?

ADS

Brigala

CPST Instructor
It installs kind of like the Scenera, but I usually find it a little easier. The basic method is the same. It just seems to me (not having compared them side by side in the same vehicle, so this could be a misperception) like it's easier to get the Apt reclined correctly.

However, there's a pretty good chance that your 4 year old will only fit in it rear-facing at this point (and only for 1 more inch of height) if she fits in it at all. The top harness position is very short and I think most 39" tall kids are probably too tall to use it forward facing.

I do wish Dorel would release more Disney seats, TBH. I have a friend whose daughter was extremely attached to a poorly fitting booster seat recently. She freaked out when I tried to give her one of my extra boosters and was trying to climb out of the seat. I bought her a Minne Mouse Cosco Pronto and she loves it. Sometimes having the right "character" can make a huge difference for children in that 4-7 age range. They totally need to bring a nice combo seat to market and put some Minnie and Mickey covers on it. :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC