Do Strollers Expire?

brightredmtn

I'm looking into buying a 2006 Peg Perego P3 mostly because I like one of the 06 colors best but is there any reason why I should go with a 07?

ADS

CRS

Senior Community Member
Well I don't know! Why do they need to advertise a year?

I'm guessing a money thing. You know "OMG that thing is like sooooooo 2 years ago!" LOL

Go for a 2006 if that's what you like! My only concern with older strollers are some that may be missing safety features i.e. harnesses, brakes, whatever - maybe like 20 years ago? You should be fine! :D

I'd say most strollers wear out before they'd expire.
The reason for the year is likely to be because of fashions that change, parts that change and designs that change.
An example of this is the "Snap-n-Go" strollers that now are higher from the ground, have a carry bag and tray. The attachments for the seats have changed as originally they were compatible with Evenflo Joyrides, these are now expired, and so there is no point in making or keeping such attachments. So the attachements and parts have gone, replaced with new ones and new attachments are fitted for newer seats, due to the changes in design and safety requiring the child to be higher from the ground.
Lower down means greater exposure to danger like cold, cars that cannot see the stroller and even collapse.

Perhaps this stroller can fit an infant seat, and may not fit one made by the same company 3 years later due to design changes between capsule and stroller.

Here in NZ the craze is on Phil & Ted as well as Mountain Buggy strollers their designs do change yearly if not more often.
Also Strollers sold here meet standards, and yep these standards change quite often too.

emandbri

You'll have to see what changes were made in the new year and decide. If you like the fabric though I'd get the 06. I bought a 2001 mac in 2003 because I liked the fabric better and bought a 2003 MBUS in 2004 because I wanted green and they stopped making it. :)

southpawboston

in the case of strollers, they advertise the model year to keep track of the color styles. they want you to buy the same stroller a few years later because it has an updated cover.

Last edited:

IsasMom

I think only the pricier strollers have dates? I'm pretty sure my Combi doesn't but my Bertini does. Actually, I think my Peg doesn't have a DOM... is it tooold for that? I wonder...

BTW- ever notice Baby Gap clothes have dates in them? What expires faster than fashion?? :rolleyes: Nice though that I can keep track of stuff I bought at second-hand shops (old dates) vs hand-me down from my neighbor (newer dates)

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
BTW- ever notice Baby Gap clothes have dates in them? What expires faster than fashion?? :rolleyes: Nice though that I can keep track of stuff I bought at second-hand shops (old dates) vs hand-me down from my neighbor (newer dates)

Gymboree does that too (or at least they used to. I haven't checked in a while). :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC