2 carseats on airplane

starlitrn

As anyone flown alone with two kiddos in car seats? I am getting ready to make several long distance flights (including 2 international) by myself with both kids ::terrified::

DD (3yrs8mo) and DS (13mo) are both currently RFing in Radian RXTs. We have another Radian that is currently in DHs car that is rarely used.

Since I will be alone on the flight the car seats will have to fit side-by-side in the window/middle seat. I know the Radians should be fine since they are so skinny but the thought of dragging those heavy car seats along with our stroller/bags and two kids sounds like torture!

DD will probably have to be flipped FF sometime in the next few months so I'm thinking of getting rid of the Radian in DHs car and buying two lighter travel-friendly car seats to install instead. I was looking at the SureRide but scared they will not fit on one row on the airplane!

DD is 35lbs & 39in
DS is 23lbs & 33in

ADS

lanwenyi

I flew by myself with 2 kids in carseats. One was in a Mico (infant carrier) and one was in a Britax. They fit side-by-side just fine.

I've also flown with my 2 kids in Avenues and put the seats rfing side-by-side b/c the airline couldn't put us 2-and-2 (so I had both kids and DH sat by himself). I now have a Sureride and don't find it any wider than the Avenues. I don't see any reason that the seats won't fit side-by-side, especially if one of them is FFing. I suspect that you won't have any problem even if they're both facing the same direction, just remember that the RFing one must go in the window seat and the FFing one in the middle seat (with you in the aisle seat). If both are rfing, then it doesn't matter which child is in the window and which is in the middle, but you still have to sit in the aisle seat.

I have travelled with a Radian before. You could NEVER pay me to do it again. I know other people love traveling with them, but DH and I HATED it. Our Avenues, and now the Sureride, are worth their (light)weight in GOLD, especially when traveling alone with 2 kids in carseats.

starlitrn

Good to know! I plan on having both kids FF on the plane (at least on the international flights) so they can both watch movies on my iPad. Was the tray useable with the Sr?

Last time we took a car seat on a plane we took the radian and hated how it put DDs legs so close to the seat in front of her. Any movement = kicking the poor guy ahead of her. Hoping the SR works better!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC