I confess....

MommyShannon

I ordered an Argos for DD2 to go along with the 2 FR85s waiting for her to turn FF. DH is not going to understand my reasoning, but oh well. He has his boat, I have lots of diapers and car seats. I realized our last nauti is expiring this year and it's currently DS's favorite booster anyway. I "need" a seat that DH can install easily plus both my older kids did best with it as their first booster in our car AND yesterday DD wasn't happy when I told her DD2 and DS would have the 85s on our next trip and she would have her booster. The long expiration means DD2 and 3 can use it harnessed and boostered. That's my justification, good enough, right? I can't believe she's outgrowing our seats rf and turning4 already!
Any other car seat confessions?

ADS

Carolinadaisy

I confess that I have been seriously considering turning DS2 forward at his 3rd birthday next month. He is 35 lbs and I think 41" tall. He still fits with room to grow in his Nextfit, but he is nearly the size Ds1 was at age 4! I will probably leave him rf for awhile longer, but he is heavy and big to get into the seat! He can climb in rf himself, but he keeps managing to get all tangled up in the straps when he does.

YinzerMama

I confess I am trying really hard to rationalize buying a pulse nextfit in the bru trade in. I just love that seat so much. My son loves ours so much (we have mystique) he wants it moved to my car full time which would mean a radian or classic MA in my husband's car. So my rationalization would be that the nextfit can be turned and adjusted up easily for either of our girls, so I could take 2 of the girls in DH's car if needed for some reason. It is a weak rationalization. But I love that seat.

The problem is I don't want to give up my red radian because I might wish I had it later.

NatNat's Mom

I confess that I'm obsessed with car seats. I find every excuse to buy one when there's a deal I just can't pass up. We only have one child & 2 cars. We've got 4 seats. And I want more...my family thinks I'm crazy.

-Mommy to Natalia (4) 37.5lbs, 44" harnessed in Britax Frontier 90

1mommy

I confess that I am obsessing over convertible seats for my son who isn't even born yet (and infant buckets though not as much), and that my boss offered to buy me whatever seat I wanted as a baby present and after briefly considering asking for the Aton 2, I'm seriously considering asking him for a Peg Perego Convertible....

jwilliams

I confess that I am going to end up buying either a Radian or a Foonf for a child who is in or below the 10th percentile for height and weight. Because I already have an RXT for one twin and I don't want to have it and some other seat with lower capacities. That would just be wrong. Right?

YinzerMama

I confess that I am going to end up buying either a Radian or a Foonf for a child who is in or below the 10th percentile for height and weight. Because I already have an RXT for one twin and I don't want to have it and some other seat with lower capacities. That would just be wrong. Right?

I have had to rule out the affix for my twins because, being in the 3rd row of my van, one would be able to open the sliding cubby and the other would not.

ebp913

I want a Foonf too and my daughter is 55th percentile and my son is below 10th. Don't care!!!

kaharris83

I must confess that I've recently started obsessing over the FR90s. And part of me really isn't ready to turn DS1 who will be 3y7m in less than 2 weeks, but part of me does just so I can play with new seats...but we are so close to 4 and he's never complained or asked to FF so I feel guilty looking forward to it. And technically we don't even need new seats for FF right now since I have a Foonf, NextFit, and 2 Britax covertibles for him right now... Somehow a Harmony Defender made it to my house this weekend too...

kaharris83

I confess I am trying really hard to rationalize buying a pulse nextfit in the bru trade in. I just love that seat so much. My son loves ours so much (we have mystique) he wants it moved to my car full time which would mean a radian or classic MA in my husband's car. So my rationalization would be that the nextfit can be turned and adjusted up easily for either of our girls, so I could take 2 of the girls in DH's car if needed for some reason. It is a weak rationalization. But I love that seat.

The problem is I don't want to give up my red radian because I might wish I had it later.

I've been using ours for my youngest since the CCO recall and I seriously love it too. Favorite seat ever. He looks so squishy and comfy in it. And my 3.5yo loves it too. I just saw in the Target thread they're $179 and had to remind myself sternly that we really, really, really don't need another.

MommyShannon

I've been using ours for my youngest since the CCO recall and I seriously love it too. Favorite seat ever. He looks so squishy and comfy in it. And my 3.5yo loves it too. I just saw in the Target thread they're $179 and had to remind myself sternly that we really, really, really don't need another.
I really want one too. I just have too many convertibles to justify it.

MommyShannon

I must confess that I've recently started obsessing over the FR90s. And part of me really isn't ready to turn DS1 who will be 3y7m in less than 2 weeks, but part of me does just so I can play with new seats...but we are so close to 4 and he's never complained or asked to FF so I feel guilty looking forward to it. And technically we don't even need new seats for FF right now since I have a Foonf, NextFit, and 2 Britax covertibles for him right now... Somehow a Harmony Defender made it to my house this weekend too...
I tend to block out the fact that convertibles can FF too. I just use them RF. I already have two 85s so I've managed to squash the desire for a 90 for now.

cookie123

I confess I have 3 seats that are like new I'm not using - a FR90, a CCO and a On Board Air. But I want a Peg convertible for myself and I need a convertible on the cheaper side for SIL's van that they rarely drive.

I also confess I don't know what to get. I hate the Graco's, they're all so darn unpadded in the butt and the Sure Ride, well I hate the high sides. I know I won't be sitting in it or using it, but still…..

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I confess that I may have influenced canadiangie with ordering those seats. ;)

She says bad influence, I say great influence. Tomay-to, tomah-to.

YinzerMama

How are they 179??? Is it only in store? The one in store is ugly. :-(

kaharris83

How are they 179??? Is it only in store? The one in store is ugly. :-(

They have a 20% off car seats Cartwheel coupon. The seat is on sale for $224. It is only in store. I have the "ugly" one from Target in store that I got for $176. It matches my interior well and I actually like it. ;)

kaharris83

I tend to block out the fact that convertibles can FF too. I just use them RF. I already have two 85s so I've managed to squash the desire for a 90 for now.

Good to know I'm not alone in blocking that out. Helps enable you to try more seats when you just use convertibles for RFing. :)

YinzerMama

They have a 20% off car seats Cartwheel coupon. The seat is on sale for $224. It is only in store. I have the "ugly" one from Target in store that I got for $176. It matches my interior well and I actually like it. ;)

I probably wouldn't mind it if it matched my car. But our cars are very dark gray and very light gray inside.

I actually really like the trim on the instore one lol.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC