Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member lpperry's Avatar

Bento Laptop lunchbox

I was thinking about the Planetbox, but saw the Bentos Laptop Lunchbox. I think this might be perfect for us. Anyone have experience with this one?

Oliver (5 years) ff Radian RXT, Claudia (3 1/2 years) rf Radian RXT, Avery (2 years months) rf Coccoro, Vivian (3-14) rf Coccoro, Madeline (9) Literider,

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member Dillipop's Avatar
    I have 6 or 7 of the original laptop lunches. We've been using them for almost 6 years. They've been great. At some point, I'd like to upgrade to the newer version, since they are more versatile, but the ones we have are holding up great and I can't see spending the money to replace them with a system that isn't fully compatible with our original system.

CCO 4/15

My kids have been using them for years and we like them. My eldest child eventually broke the lid off of his (after maybe 3 years of use), and my daughter is still using hers with no problems. I like that I can take out one of the small containers and replac replace it with a packaged yogurt/applesauce when I am lazy. LOL. Easy to clean and use.
    Natalie, CRST-I, mum of Greg (15), Megan (10), Benjamin and Samuel (6).

My DD has one. We like it. We have a few extra interchangeable containers, which is nice. I think it will really be handy when DS needs lunches packed to have one system with lots of container options.

And so far DD hasn't lost any of the pieces, which I was kind of worried about.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org
    michelle mama to
    dd 10.30.06 graco connext & recaro performance booster
    ds 5.4.10 sunshine kids radian xtsl & graco nautilus safety surround
    riding safely in a 2014 mazda 5 and a 2002 subaru forester

Re: Bento Laptop lunchbox

I am going to keep a lookout for sales. I love that I can get extra sets of containers. I can have one set in the dishwasher and another set ready to be used! Right now I have 2 kids that need lunches packed, but eventually, I will be making 4 lunches every night. I need something that will be fast and easy. I don't want to have to wash something every night.

Oliver (5 years) ff Radian RXT, Claudia (3 1/2 years) rf Radian RXT, Avery (2 years months) rf Coccoro, Vivian (3-14) rf Coccoro, Madeline (9) Literider,

Re: Bento Laptop lunchbox

Is the large container that it comes with large enough for a sandwich? It looks like it is not big enough for a slice of bread to fit whole, but I was wondering if it is deep enough to cut a sandwich in half and put one half on top of the other. I think I saw a picture like that.

Quote Originally Posted by lpperry View Post
    Is the large container that it comes with large enough for a sandwich? It looks like it is not big enough for a slice of bread to fit whole, but I was wondering if it is deep enough to cut a sandwich in half and put one half on top of the other. I think I saw a picture like that.
    I have the old style, but that is exactly what I do. Cut the sandwich in half and then either put one on top of the other, or slide them both in cut side down. Depends on the shape of the bread

I do find I have to wash the whole thing each night, because my daughter takes a lot of fruits/veg and crackers that tend to get on the lid and between the crackers. Often a quick wipe is enough but sometimes I have to wash the whole thing. It is pretty easy to wash, though maybe not so much x4?

I'll try to remember to take a pic of her lunch tomorrow any fit requests?
    Natalie, CRST-I, mum of Greg (15), Megan (10), Benjamin and Samuel (6).

Oh good a sandwich will fit! This will be great. I don't mind rinsing or washing the actual box. I just don't want to have to wash the box and all the individual containers before packing. That would take too long!

Senior Community Member Dillipop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lpperry View Post
    Oh good a sandwich will fit! This will be great. I don't mind rinsing or washing the actual box. I just don't want to have to wash the box and all the individual containers before packing. That would take too long!
    This is why I have 6-7 sets. With 2 kids, I can go 3 days. By the fourth day, the first ones have gone through the dishwasher and are ready to use again. Not the most economical way to do it but my original 3 boxes are going on 6 years and the other 3 are going on 3 years and they are all still in great shape. I think we've gotten our money's worth out of them.

CCO 4/15