Bento Laptop lunchbox

lpperry

I was thinking about the Planetbox, but saw the Bentos Laptop Lunchbox. I think this might be perfect for us. Anyone have experience with this one?

ADS

Dillipop

I have 6 or 7 of the original laptop lunches. We've been using them for almost 6 years. They've been great. At some point, I'd like to upgrade to the newer version, since they are more versatile, but the ones we have are holding up great and I can't see spending the money to replace them with a system that isn't fully compatible with our original system.

tiggercat

My kids have been using them for years and we like them. My eldest child eventually broke the lid off of his (after maybe 3 years of use), and my daughter is still using hers with no problems. I like that I can take out one of the small containers and replac replace it with a packaged yogurt/applesauce when I am lazy. LOL. Easy to clean and use.

mimieliza

My DD has one. We like it. We have a few extra interchangeable containers, which is nice. I think it will really be handy when DS needs lunches packed to have one system with lots of container options.

And so far DD hasn't lost any of the pieces, which I was kind of worried about.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

lpperry

I am going to keep a lookout for sales. I love that I can get extra sets of containers. I can have one set in the dishwasher and another set ready to be used! Right now I have 2 kids that need lunches packed, but eventually, I will be making 4 lunches every night. I need something that will be fast and easy. I don't want to have to wash something every night.

lpperry

Is the large container that it comes with large enough for a sandwich? It looks like it is not big enough for a slice of bread to fit whole, but I was wondering if it is deep enough to cut a sandwich in half and put one half on top of the other. I think I saw a picture like that.

tiggercat

Is the large container that it comes with large enough for a sandwich? It looks like it is not big enough for a slice of bread to fit whole, but I was wondering if it is deep enough to cut a sandwich in half and put one half on top of the other. I think I saw a picture like that.

I have the old style, but that is exactly what I do. Cut the sandwich in half and then either put one on top of the other, or slide them both in cut side down. Depends on the shape of the bread :)

I do find I have to wash the whole thing each night, because my daughter takes a lot of fruits/veg and crackers that tend to get on the lid and between the crackers. Often a quick wipe is enough but sometimes I have to wash the whole thing. It is pretty easy to wash, though maybe not so much x4?

I'll try to remember to take a pic of her lunch tomorrow ;) any fit requests?

lpperry

Oh good a sandwich will fit! This will be great. I don't mind rinsing or washing the actual box. I just don't want to have to wash the box and all the individual containers before packing. That would take too long!

Dillipop

Oh good a sandwich will fit! This will be great. I don't mind rinsing or washing the actual box. I just don't want to have to wash the box and all the individual containers before packing. That would take too long!

This is why I have 6-7 sets. With 2 kids, I can go 3 days. By the fourth day, the first ones have gone through the dishwasher and are ready to use again. Not the most economical way to do it but my original 3 boxes are going on 6 years and the other 3 are going on 3 years and they are all still in great shape. I think we've gotten our money's worth out of them.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC