Parkway SG Snorkel

jess71903

Ambassador
Is this a new color or one that has been discontinued. All I can find out right now is gray, black, tan, and that one red-ish one. DS wants blue! Albee says "discontinued" and another site I found said it was pre-order.

ADS
Ack! I loved that cover.

Why would they produce one that looks like industrial carpet rather than a pretty, vibrant blue.. (referring to Grid Line pattern)

YinzerMama

What an odd color name. It makes me think of submarining. :D

I hate Britax's current color line up. It's like in not wanting to make boosters that appeal to little kids, they went too far in the other direction and made a line up that appeals to your average 55 year old executive.

I'd like a little fun in my car, too, please!

That snorkle is gorgeous. It would look good with the red if they hadn't mysteriously paired the red with that weird gray/brown. Or AWESOME with the bright gorgeous pink from the last Parkway line up (confetti)

Even their current girl choice is pretty questionable - you need a girl who likes pink but also likes understated and animal-related prints. I need two boosters for two girls with very different preferences, one who likes pink but I am pretty sure would be lukewarm on that one at best and one who likes purple but would settle for a nice brilliant blue OR our beloved Britax cow. :)

Gridline makes me think of a suit my brother had in the 90s. All it needs is a few teal accents and some hair gel...

If you don't mind the width, the recaro booster colors are spectacular. They have a sapphire that looks beautiful. We have the red, purple, and pink and they are beautiful in person. I just can't make up my mind due to the bulk. But they are under $100 now on amazon.

I hope Britax comes out with some more attractive options by the time kid 4 needs a booster.

Last edited:

jess71903

Ambassador
What an odd color name. It makes me think of submarining. :D

I hate Britax's current color line up. It's like in not wanting to make boosters that appeal to little kids, they went too far in the other direction and made a line up that appeals to your average 55 year old executive.

I'd like a little fun in my car, too, please!

That snorkle is gorgeous. It would look good with the red if they hadn't mysteriously paired the red with that weird gray/brown. Or AWESOME with the bright gorgeous pink from the last Parkway line up (confetti)

Even their current girl choice is pretty questionable - you need a girl who likes pink but also likes understated and animal-related prints. I need two boosters for two girls with very different preferences, one who likes pink but I am pretty sure would be lukewarm on that one at best and one who likes purple but would settle for a nice brilliant blue OR our beloved Britax cow. :)

Gridline makes me think of a suit my brother had in the 90s. All it needs is a few teal accents and some hair gel...

If you don't mind the width, the recaro booster colors are spectacular. They have a sapphire that looks beautiful. We have the red, purple, and pink and they are beautiful in person. I just can't make up my mind due to the bulk. But they are under $100 now on amazon.

I hope Britax comes out with some more attractive options by the time kid 4 needs a booster.

Oh, don't tell me that!! I had really decided on a Performance Booster, but wtih our fixed buckle stalks, I'm afraid they'd be impossible to buckle. I'd also really like to be able to just move a booster over next to the ProSport if we had extra riders. There'd be no way with the Performance Booster.

nannykates

The red one is really more of a charcoal accent. Im with you that the color choices are underwhelming. When I was picking mine out I wanted something cute but gender neutral.

I still think britax should make special covers you can only buy separately. Then they wouldnt have seats with unpopular covers sitting on shelves losing life. And they could sell more stuff!

jess71903

Ambassador
The red one is really more of a charcoal accent. Im with you that the color choices are underwhelming. When I was picking mine out I wanted something cute but gender neutral.

I still think britax should make special covers you can only buy separately. Then they wouldnt have seats with unpopular covers sitting on shelves losing life. And they could sell more stuff
!

That's an excellent idea! They're so good at the cover thing. They need to use it!

YinzerMama

I don't think I want to pay $70 to make a booster not ugly.

Weirdly you can buy the nice bright pink SG cover on their sitr (60 + shipping) - why don't they still sell that one?? You can buy it but I am sure by now you'd be getting an older DOM.

jess71903

Ambassador
This was their reply to my quesiton about Snorkel on FB :/

The Snorkel fashion on the Parkway SG has been discontinued, and we don't have plans to offer new fashions for the Parkway SG in the near future. You may want to consider the Parkway SGL if you're looking for a booster seat with brighter fabric.
Because 1 choice of dull red and gray/brown is better that just plain gray and brown.

YinzerMama

This was their reply to my quesiton about Snorkel on FB :/

Because 1 choice of dull red and gray/brown is better that just plain gray and brown.

Maybe we need to be blunt with them.

Dear Britax:

Your current line-up of boosters looks like it fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. While I appreciate your innovation and safety features, I also require a seat that appeals to a 6-10 year old child. For some pleasing color suggestions, take a peek at the Recaro or Graco Affix offerings.

:dance:

Kegracin

Maybe we need to be blunt with them.

Dear Britax:

Your current line-up of boosters looks like it fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. While I appreciate your innovation and safety features, I also require a seat that appeals to a 6-10 year old child. For some pleasing color suggestions, take a peek at the Recaro or Graco Affix offerings.

:dance:

:yeahthatlove:

Honestly, I am of the mindset that patterns, no matter what they are, don't usually work with boosters. They are usually either too "babyish" or just plain ugly. There are, of course, exceptions to this in my mind (ahem, cowmoo), but I really don't see why companies won't just release a bunch of vibrant colors, and a black and a grey. This is just my opinion, though. Climbing down off my soapbox now.

YinzerMama

Honestly, I am of the mindset that patterns, no matter what they are, don't usually work with boosters. They are usually either too "babyish" or just plain ugly. There are, of course, exceptions to this in my mind (ahem, cowmoo), but I really don't see why companies won't just release a bunch of vibrant colors, and a black and a grey. This is just my opinion, though. Climbing down off my soapbox now.

Which is exactly what affix and the recaro boosters offer. :) Nice, bright solids that appeal to parents and kids.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC