Do large headwings bother your kid?

todzwife

I got the pria yesterday and it installs wonderfully in my van (yay!) it seems SUPER comfortable and DD3 (6 months) seems comfortable. We had a 45 mile trip (each way) today so we were in the car for about 2 hours. She did fantastic and was happy and slept well. However, I did notice that she is trying to sit up straighter with her little head forward to see around the wings (or maybe she's just trying to sit up since she just figured out that trick). I'm hoping that the HUGE headwings aren't bothering her.

Does anyone have a child who HATES headwings?

ADS

Mysweethoneybee

My son is past that point, but he did hate headwings. I didn't know about the radian back then, but he screamed all the time in the car until we got a seat with very little in the way of headwings and after that he was happy. But that said I think I would try to get a soft mirror or something she can look at and see if that keeps her happier.

todzwife

She wasn't at all unhappy, just leaning forward as much as she could. I'm not entirely sure she was trying to look around them or if she's just practicing sitting up. LOL!

djma

DD has ridden regularly in a ProRide and Headwise and has never complained or leaned forward.

Lenae

My kids have never minded headwings, or deep seats either. But they are pretty dang easy going as far as car seats are concerned.

YinzerMama

I don't know how big the pria's wings are. I know back when my oldest was a little one there was a britax seat that a lot of kids hated because of the wings... I think it may have been the wizard? It may have been the old Boulevard as well but I thought it had a different name. Anyway I never tried it because of reports of the headwings.

My oldest only ever used the old roundabout and marathon which are wingless and pretty shallow. Moved up to a graco booster, never complained.

My girls went from old style marathons and moved up to frontier 85s which are deeper and winged, no complaints.

My youngest moves between an old style marathon, a radian with wings, and a nextfit with no complaints. The nextfit is by far his favorite but it is because of the orange button.

I agree with trying a mirror. Mine loves his mirror. She might be trying to see more - it might not bother her that she has to try to see more but she would probably still be happy seeing more. If it's just practicing sitting, she'll probably outgrow this, but she'll still love being able to see more.

ks227

Older DD has been in Boulevards since she came out of the infant seat, so she doesn't know any different! :D

MommyShannon

DD2 is almost 4 and has a Complete Air in DH's truck (and sometimes other vehicles). They never bother her. Then again a rf kid in my house has other kids to look at. I think it's probably just from learning to sit up.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC