Loving the Nextfit updates! Thanks, Chicco!

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
We finally bought our nextfit this week and I got a chance to try it out with my baby. She had hated the strap covers on the BRU model (they have the old ones on display and I couldn't get anyone to open one of the newer boxes for me...their loss, I guess, since a lot of people probably have the same reaction I did, which is, "my kid hates this car seat, I wish I could try it without the strap covers!"), but I really wanted the seat, so I had my fingers crossed that she'd like the new ones or the seat once they were removed.

Wow. She not only liked it, but she smiled for pictures!

I haven't even tried it with the covers yet. I took them off (so easy with Velcro!) right away because I thought she'd be more willing to try the seat that way (she hasn't used strap covers on her Aton for about 6 months). I also just frankly didn't want to deal with them. I think if we do try with them, though, she'd have a better chance of liking them vs the old covers.

So then I go to put her in the seat and I put her in the smaller chest clip setting (previously required for RF) and she starts crying. I move it to the wider setting and she stops and starts smiling again! I had asked Chicco about this because we'd been planning to ERF and thought maybe the discomfort would come when she was 3 years old and still on the narrower setting. I hadn't thought that my 10 month old would prefer the setting that was originally just for FF kids! Guess she really got used to the huge chest clip on the Aton.

Overall, I am just so pleased. They also corrected the language in the manual. Before it had been really confusing because it said to put the seat on level 1 and didn't really list a specific step in which you adjust it from there -- giving the impression that RF had to be in level 1 unless the bubble level was incorrect when you checked it. Now it just says to put it "in a reclined position" and has a diagram highlighting which positions are the reclined ones. So much clearer about how to utilize the benefits of this seat!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 82
ADS

YinzerMama

It is a great seat. Probably my fave on the market right now if I had to pick a good one from little to big. I love that they changed those pads. We have the old pads and my son doesn't mind them but I am probably going to take them off soon. Mainly they are a pain in the rump when I buckle him blind under his car seat poncho.

Ali

I love the picture and the purple is beautiful. I bought this seat for my 5 month old nephew and it's currently in my mom's car since she watches him a few afternoons a week. My nephew fell asleep in it right away and was PISSED when my mom took him out of it.

aurora7

Where did you get your nexfit? I hope mine will have the newer strap. I ordered thru BRU and Target (twins) and it will arrive this week.

Sent from my Samsung Note II using Car-Seat.Org

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Where did you get your nexfit? I hope mine will have the newer strap. I ordered thru BRU and Target (twins) and it will arrive this week.

I bought it at BRU. I wanted to buy in store so I could check that it was manufactured Oct2013 or later. The two on the shelf were both Oct2013 models. I don't know about online, though.

aurora7

Thanks if I get the old strap I'm going to cut it with scissors ✂ right away :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC