Booster taller than frontier 90?

Jackie010307

Is there one? Our daughter just turned 7 and is on the highest setting of her frontier. I was thinking there was one more setting but I was wrong. I'm not in a hurry to move her to a no back booster, but if something doesn't give us quite a bit more room I may not have a choice. I'm not sure how tall she is, but she is very tall. She's in 1st grade and is the same size as most of the 3rd and 4th graders. She is 57 lbs.

ADS

Baylor

Is there one? Our daughter just turned 7 and is on the highest setting of her frontier. I was thinking there was one more setting but I was wrong. I'm not in a hurry to move her to a no back booster, but if something doesn't give us quite a bit more room I may not have a choice. I'm not sure how tall she is, but she is very tall. She's in 1st grade and is the same size as most of the 3rd and 4th graders. She is 57 lbs.

Did you remove the screw from the headrest? It is a really really tall booster.

E&A0607

We are in a similar boat but my 7 year old 2nd grader is small just has a super long torso. She still fits in her converted frontier 85 booster - just not any others. I second what Baylor said are you sure the booster is all the way up?

MommyShannon

The Britax Parkway, Diono Monterey, and Cosco Pronto are all a little taller than it's highest harness height but only 1-2". The Frontier 90 as a booster is taller than all of them.

HappyHoo

The highest booster setting or highest harness setting?

I would check to see if she really is on the tallest booster setting.

My almost 8 yo is big for her age, but she still has several inches of torso growth before outgrowing our Parkway and Frontier85 in booster mode. And I don't think the Frontier90 lost much, if any, booster height.

Jackie010307

I feel really smart right now. I completely forgot about the taking the screw out to raise it more! I felt like I was missing something, but the manual is in the filing cabinet at home so I couldn't double check. Thanks!

Jackie010307

Unless I'm missing it, which is possible with the way today has gone, there isn't a screw and this is as high as it goes. The small metal thing is like a rivet that stays in the guide area and there isn't anything else that looks removable.

ForumRunner_20140131_110015.png

Jackie010307

So this is as tall as it gets. Ugh! Her other seat is a parkway sgl, which fits very similarly. Not the newest one. Is the new parkway taller? I don't want to consider a backless any time soon. Her shoulders are just about even with the harness in the highest setting, occasionally just under depending on how long she's been in the seat. How much time would you guess before she outgrows the booster mode? Why oh why must this child have such a long torso?!

Kegracin

So this is as tall as it gets. Ugh! Her other seat is a parkway sgl, which fits very similarly. Not the newest one. Is the new parkway taller? I don't want to consider a backless any time soon. Her shoulders are just about even with the harness in the highest setting, occasionally just under depending on how long she's been in the seat. How much time would you guess before she outgrows the booster mode? Why oh why must this child have such a long torso?!

http://carseatblog.com/22625/britax-parkway-sgl-2013-booster-review/ looks like the sgl and the sgl 2013 are the same height

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
At 23”, the Cosco Pronto, Safety 1st Boost Air Protect, and Kiddy World Plus would be the only taller options. And not by too much.

Carolinadaisy

Have you tried her in it as a booster? The belt guides should be higher than the harness so she may fit as a booster for awhile still.

Jackie010307

Thanks everyone. She does have a little growing room as a booster, but just from the harness height to the shoulder belt guide. After that I will try her in a backless and see how it goes. I knew she wouldn't be in it as long as some kids, but I was hoping for a little more time. This one is definitely built like her dad, all torso and short legs!

HappyHoo

Can you measure to the belt guide? If she hasn't outgrown the harness yet I would think it should give more growing room.

My 7y does ride in a lbb some but she's not good with sleeping that way yet so I'm hoping for a couple more years before her hbb are outgrown.

featherhead

Is the harness keeping it from going up higher? Try loosening up the harness all the way to see if that makes a difference.

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Wow. I'm 5'8 and fit in the 85 as a booster by height...apparently I have a short torso?

I'd max it out and go backless I think.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC