Seat for a baby in a rhino cruiser brace?

todzwife

We have 3 months before DD goes back for her next x-ray to check on her hip sockets. She's been right on the cusp of needing to be treated for hip displasia since she was 2 weeks, but she's not bad enough that the ortho wanted to treat her immediately. He's hopeful she will fix herself as she gets older/bigger.

That said, if there isn't improvement in 3 months, she will be in a rhino cruiser brace. HOPEFULLY just part time, but if I can't take it off to put her in a car seat, what do I do? She could be in it for 6+months :(

She'll be 9 months at that point.

ADS

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
The Rhino isn't bad. I've seen kids walk and crawl in them. About 2ish years ago I put a 6 month old in a Rhino brace in a Keyfit without a problem. Diaper's do get squished by the brace so leakage tends to be an issue, so avoid seats that are a pain to clean.

Cinazu

Our daughter had a rhino cruiser and she could still fit in her Britax decathlon. She was only 6 months and small for her age, though, and I ended up just taking it off for shorter rides.

todzwife

Well I wanted to come update this...

DD is in a rhino cruiser brace for 3-6 months full time. Fortunately she fits fine in our Maxi Cosi Pria.

U

Unregistered

I know this is an old thread but I referred to it recently, I thought I would give an update for future moms looking for a car seat is the US bc the maxi one only meet UK safety standards . We ended up finding a car seat that my 6 month old fit in wearing the rhino brace, it was called dhino. About 250$ on amazon . Hope it helps future people looking

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The Maxi Cosi Pria is a U.S. seat, so it was fine to use. Are you referencing the Diono seats? That's about the price range for them and they are good for Rhino braces because they are low profile.

U

Unregistered

The Doino has horrible 1/5 crash test ratings. I have a 7 month old in a rhino cruiser. Any other thoughts

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The Diono seats can be relatively complex to install in comparison to other carseats. Where are you finding the crash test ratings?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC