What would you do?

flick37

Hi,

We are traveling to the bahamas in a few months, and I am not sure what to bring for DS.

He will be 4.5 years and currently weighs 45-47 lbs.

I am worried about installing a car seat in the taxi when we get to the bahamas (not sure that the cars will have the correct style of seat belts, and having concerns that I would have to use a locking clip, which causes hours of frustration for both DH and I when we have had to use one in the past in my in-laws vehicle, which I have since totally avoided having the kids travel in).

So, I am thinking of getting him a Parkway SGL (which is what we would be getting him in about 1.5-2 years time for his booster) and using that when we are there.

Any opinions or advice would be great.

If there is a bus/shuttle that goes from the airport at nassau to Atlantis, that is the route I would choose, but I don't think there are, or I haven't found one yet.

Thanks!

ADS

Baylor

If you are going to be riding in taxis and can sit next to him, I would probably get a turbo booster to take. It fits little kids well and If anything happens to it in travel it will not be a big deal.

bubbaray

I would get him a Harmony Literider LBB -- at Walmart Canada around $18 in store. If you are sitting right beside him you can cue him to sit properly. Its lightweight and fits in the overhead bin or under his airline seat.

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I would get him a Harmony Literider LBB -- at Walmart Canada around $18 in store. If you are sitting right beside him you can cue him to sit properly. Its lightweight and fits in the overhead bin or under his airline seat.

In that scenario I probably would do the same. If you weren't sitting beside him, or if the drive was long I would suggest something else.

I've only been to the Bahamas once but I found that the vehicles were mostly US imports of varying pedigree, but new enough to have lap/shoulder belts at least in the outboard positions. Left hand drive vehicles on the left side of the road was a bit scary I will admit!

Is he the only child going with you?

flick37

Thanks for all the responses. My DD is also coming with us. She will be 7.5 and currently weighs 55ish lbs and is about 49-50 inches. I was going to bring her Parkway SGL hbb. DH wants to bring it as a NBB (just the seat).

What do you think? HBB or NBB?

bubbaray

I would bring Harmony literiders for both. If they get lost, you are only out $18. If the PW gets lost, you are out an expensive seat. Plus the Literiders are nice to have as extras or carpool seats.

T4K

I would bring Harmony literiders for both. If they get lost, you are only out $18. If the PW gets lost, you are out an expensive seat. Plus the Literiders are nice to have as extras or carpool seats.

Yup. I thought the same.

aept

We brought two harmony backless boosters on an airplane trip (not used on the plane, just in the rental car on the other side) they make a great travel seat and even kind of "nest" together with each other. We have a backless turbobooster I almost brought as the second booster but it was twice as heavy as the harmony!

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC