Question How many car seats fit in the dodge Durango 2005?

U

Unregistered

I have a two year old that is 25lbs and a 4month old that is 16lbs and in 7 months will be doing before and after school care and need to fit 3 more car seats. Is this possible? The other three kids will be 6+.

Any suggestions on what my best configuration is or most number of kids I can take on?

Thank you!
Melissa

ADS

mkmama

You can get 5 seats in but it is a pain...we have 5 in my sister in laws 2005 durango. I have not found anything that rearfaces in the back seat other than a Radian.

mkmama

If you have two rearfacers, they will likely have to go outboard middle seat, then fill in rest with boosters...you will likely need a bubblebum to fit between the two rearfacing seats and still be able to buckle, and your third row kids will probably have to load from the back hatch. If you have only one rearfacing, put them behind passenger then the forward facing seat next to them and booster on the side behind driver so you can flip that seat for third row access. These are your most likely bets though there are other combos that work...though with 3 boosters you have more wiggle room than I am working with -- I have 2 rearfacing, 2 harnessed forward facing, and 1 booster.

U

Unregistered

Thank you so much!! That was way more helpful than I expected. I'm really excited that I will be able to keep the vehicle and not look into another one.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC