BRU trade-in event question?

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I need to buy a car seat but I don't have any to trade in. Could I trade in a different product (like a playpen) and use the coupon for a car seat? Or would I have to use the coupon for another playpen.

Also, do you know what they mean by "entertainers"? Would a bumpo seat count?

ADS

rachelandtyke

Unless they have changed the rules, they don't have to be from the same category.

I think entertainers are like excersaucers and jumparoos, I wouldn't think a Bumbo seat was in that category.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, any one qualifying item can be traded for the coupon, which can be used on any other qualifying item that day. http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=4346706
Random FYI, If you happen to have a recalled Bumbo, the one without a seatbelt, you can just return it for a full refund (in a merchandise credit).

Since they just throw the trade-in's away, it's best to bring in literally junk that you can't make money off of (or hand down) any other way. (ripped, ancient, nasty stuff makes me happy... pristine six month old travel systems seem like such a waste, kwim?)

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Hmmmm... Do you think they'd accept a car seat base? I think I may have one in my garage, but we already tossed the seat.

Also, does the gear to be traded in have to come from the same manufacturer list? My understanding is that it's just the gear you purchase that has to come from that list, but I could be misunderstanding. Do they both have to be from one of the participating manufacturers?

RWMommy

The gear does not have to be from one of the participating manufacturers. If you don't have anything you want to bring in you could try looking on craigslist for free or really cheap gear to bring in or post on a local mom's group asking if anyone has an expired car seat or broken gear they'd let you have for free.

Also babiesrus will sometimes price match and then let you use a coupon which can get you an even better deal.

rachelandtyke

Random FYI, If you happen to have a recalled Bumbo, the one without a seatbelt, you can just return it for a full refund (in a merchandise credit).

Really? Do you have to have a receipt? I guess I'm surprised they'll do that now since Bumbo has the recall repair kit you can get for free.

agave

Can you trade in a car seat without a cover? I have a radian expiring in March that has no cover.

Yep, I have traded in 4 crashed seats with no straps 2 without covers. I may trade in a stroller without wheels this time.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Really? Do you have to have a receipt? I guess I'm surprised they'll do that now since Bumbo has the recall repair kit you can get for free.

Yeah, we are ALL surprised they allow recall returns for so long. It's like maybe BRU should have a time limit, or something... a month after the recall, maybe. Bumbos and Nap Nannies are probably the most easy for people to bring in, but bigger stuff can also be returned.

Just also without multi-quoting...no, bases alone don't work, carseats without covers and harnesses and strollers without wheels DO work, and it's expressly against the rules for price matching AND coupons, but if you get a spineless manager who wants to say Yes to the Guest, they will make it work ;)

aurora7

I went to thrift store today bought $5 carseat and trade it for 25% coupon. I bought a Nexfit for $223 (tax included):dance: also the color that I want mystique is not available in store so they ordered it online.:jive:

MommyShannon

Awesome! That's so tempting! Really though once DD2 turns forward, DD3 will inherit a RA55, TFP, CA50 (might use as FF spare), and currently has a MA70. Hard to justify a NextFit :(
I think I've justified a Nautilus or Argos for DD2 though! She's inheriting 2 FR85s but those are not good in our truck nor easy installs for DD in a pinch. I need to try the CA50 FF in the truck, it's not good in our van. My older two did best with the nautilus as their first boosters but they will all be expired come December. Good justification, right?!

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I went to thrift store today bought $5 carseat and trade it for 25% coupon. I bought a Nexfit for $223 (tax included):dance: also the color that I want mystique is not available in store so they ordered it online.:jive:

Argh, this is what I wanted to do, but my husband thought it would be too much of a hassle. We used a 20% off coupon and called it a day. That extra 5% would have made a big difference, though!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC