tinyride.com

mbro

Hi everyone, I recently bought a car seat from tinyride but had to return it because the packaging was so damaged in transit...and I worried about the integrity of the car seat. After much grief, it finally worked out in my favor.

Anyhow, the customer service manager was not aware that you should not use car seats once they have been involved in a car accident. In addition, he advised that their returns department inspect car seats that have been returned to see if they can re-sell or refurbish them...often unloading them to agencies that sell them for a fraction of the cost to folks who can't afford seats. This doesn't sit well with me. How can they judge whether or not a car seat has been in an accident? Why would they continue to sell seats that may be damaged? Are they not concerned for the safety of the child that will ride in that seat?

Is this common practice amongst retailers? Being that I'm a newbie when it comes to car seats, I wanted to get the facts straight before I write a letter to their company.

ADS

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
I don't know...but I don't think I'd ever be buying a seat for them!

How did you get them to share all that info with you? Besides writing the company, if you have any proof--maybe emails from them about this...I'd be considering contacting seat manufacturers as well as NHTSA.

My best guess is that they don't have structural engineers on staff there.

Susan

TXAggieTech

There are several sellers on eBay that sell customer returns on car seats. You never know what you are really getting!

tlj

This is interesting...I just had UPS pick up a car seat from TinyRide.com today because it was obviouse the seat had fallen out of the box--the bottom had wear that would not come from installing it in a car...and the box was retaped and had several holes in it. The manual was missing, the reg. card looked like it had been chewed, as did the plastic covering the recline boot. Plus when I looked at the seat, the DOM was 2/07--way older than I would want at this point.
When I called customer service, I had to initiate the call tag with UPS--usually that would happen on the part of the seller--odd.

Maybe I'll just ask that they refund my order.
Ahh, I wonder what will happen to that seat.

Connor's Mom

Well I was pleased with my Tiny Rides purchase. I bought a Regent and had it in less than 3 days and this was back when no one else had them in stock. The box was in good shape and I could tell that it was the original packing tape. Seat was perfect.
I personally think that any online purchase is going to be hit or miss and you will get similar answers to questions at other online car seat stores depending on who you talk to. :twocents:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC