Looking for info on booster seats

mommyof3tx

A friend of mine just asked me to help her find some info to share with her BIL because he's wanting to put her niece in a booster seat...she's not even 3 yet. I know the information in my head to be able to tell her why, and she does too, but I'm looking for some articles or research that will show him why this isn't a good idea.

ADS

nannykates

Also make sure they aren't talking about a "harnessed booster" which is actually a combination seat and would be an appropriate choice for a child that age(I've panicked a few times when people were actually talking about combo seats not boosters)

mommyof3tx

Thank you, I passed along the info, hopefully it helps :) They definitely weren't talking about a harnessed booster though, he bought a Graco Turbobooster. Really hope he changes his mind.

ks227

Unfortunately there may not be much that you can do. :( Our nephew was in a high back Turbobooster at 3.5 and into a backless by 5, and our niece was 4 when she went straight into a backless. The kids outgrew their Sceneras and the parents didn't want to spend money on Nautiluses or Maestros, didn't want to have to install seats anymore, and wanted the kids to be able to buckle themselves in.

When I showed SIL some references, I was told that anyone can say anything they want on the Internet, and they didn't want to "infantilize" their children by making them sit in carseats like a "baby". I can only imagine what they think of older DD's new FR90...

Keeyamah

I don't understand the logic of wanting the kid to buckle themself in. It is a billion times easier for a little kid to buckle in a harness, properly, than a booster.

I'm in the minority here, but my oldest has never been able to buckle a harness and the few times he has ridden in a booster, he has been able to buckle himself. It takes pulling almost all of the belt out and he is barely in the booster while he does it, but he can. He can't do up any more than the chest clip on a harness. Now some of that may be because I don't loosen and tighten every time, but even when I do have it loose, he can not do the crotch buckle.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC