Convertible seat- buy now or wait?

todzwife

I HATE the twisty straps on our b-safe. The webbing is thin so it is constantly getting pulled through wrong. I'd say I have to fix it at least 3 times a week, if not more...

That said, I do like that it is compatible w/ my bee+ stroller and the baby jogger select I have but she's just hit that point where getting the seat out is more of a pain than a convenience now that she's about 16 pounds. (6 months)

She has LOADS of room, doesn't seem uncomfortable in it (although she does try to sit up straighter when I put her in it). I think we could get another year out of it easy. But those straps!! ARGH!!

If I was to purchase a convertible, I'd like to get it before our road trip in February, but I haven't even decided which one to get yet. Are there any awesome seats coming out later this year that would make it worth waiting to get something?

ADS

rachelandtyke

I'm getting rid of a seat because of twisty straps, but already had a replacement. But she will need a convertible one day anyway, so if you're sick of it, I'd just get one and get rid of the bucket.

To deal with the weight, you can just treat it like a convertible and leave it in the car all the time. (if you decide to wait)

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
As far as new seats, I know the new Diono seats have not yet arrived and are supposed to arrive "second quarter" of this year. So that's not much help if you need something before February.

I don't know enough about Dionos, though, to say whether they would have a twisty strap problem too. Bummer that your seat is giving you so much trouble.

There are tons of deals on right now -- BRU and Diapers.com are both having big sales and %off deals. Plus, I heard that Target is having a big sale or maybe just a lot on clearance or something too. Of course these deals aren't once-in-a-lifetime situations, but if you hate your infant seat and would prefer a convertible, I'd go ahead and get a convertible now.

If you give a bit more info about your car and your daughter's height, the folks on here are great about giving advice!

Last edited:

YinzerMama

didn't you just buy a foonf? if you have decided to keep that i'd probably just deal with the b-safe until she is big enough for the foonf.

jjordan

If there is a good time of year to buy a car seat, it's probably either during the BRU trade-in sale (even if you don't buy from BRU, other stores might be having sales to compete) or during Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales.

If you know what you want and have time and energy to stalk wayfair.com clearance or nobetterdeal.com, then you might luck out and get a fantastic deal. But that's not for everyone!

todzwife

If there is a good time of year to buy a car seat, it's probably either during the BRU trade-in sale (even if you don't buy from BRU, other stores might be having sales to compete) or during Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales.

If you know what you want and have time and energy to stalk wayfair.com clearance or nobetterdeal.com, then you might luck out and get a fantastic deal. But that's not for everyone!

I guess that's part of my problem...I don't even know what I want. I kind of want to wait for one of the new purple Radians...:eek:

mom2ari

Will you ever have to pass this seat down? If so it might be worth waiting so the seat you get has a later DOM to use longer later. However, I totally get the twisty strap thing!

As for the comment about the radians and twisty stamps, we have two and have never had a problem with the straps twisting, the webbing is pretty thick so that helps I think.

YinzerMama

If it matters, the purple in the new radian will only be offered in the most expensive one. I think that is kind of a bummer as I'd like more sides to the radian without the wings.

That is too funny about returning the foonf because it is too heavy. I had and returned one too and the UPS guy looked alarmed when he put it on the scale. I said "this is the world's heaviest car seat!"

Nextfit comes in purple if you get the bru one. :D I really, really love ours.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC