Sureride & Truefit - easiest RF install?

Chila88

My mom wants another seat for her car so she has one for each of my kiddos. 6yo currently rides in hbb Turbo, 4yo ff in a Truefit. I'm thinking the Sureride would be a good option. We can use it with the other 2 seats until TF expires (in 1-2 yrs) and then get a LBB for ODD, hand Turbo down to middle DD, and the little dude can use the Sureride Rf and then ff one day.

So questions....which of these 2 seats lasts longer ff (Higher harness and shell)?

And which is easier to install rf'ing?

Just wondering who should use the Sureride for the next year or so before the TF expires.

Vehicle is '12 Highlander.

ADS

Keeyamah

I have a pile of pictures on my photobucket, give me a bit to get to them, comparing a TF and Sureride RFing and FFing

Keeyamah

OK, here we go, lol. (I had some grandiose plans to post a review/comparison and never got around to it...oops)

From the side RFing:
d87eb10d-7d98-45a3-b1f7-b09b09ad41fe_zps49c0369f.jpg

Room/height taken up RFing (with TF headrest):
HPIM3650_zps67fa8db4.jpg

Side by side RFing:
HPIM3643_zps8871a1ef.jpg

Model in the Sureride RFing:
HPIM3645_zps098ea2f9.jpg

Model in the TF RFing:
HPIM3648_zpsc5c70f8b.jpg

FFing from the side (sureride):
HPIM3652_zps476f7855.jpg

FFing from the side (TF):
HPIM3655_zpsb77afdb9.jpg

Height in car:
HPIM3653_zps9590b319.jpg

Side by side FFing:
HPIM3654_zps154e99bb.jpg

Model in Sureride FFing:
HPIM3656_zps400d2a76.jpg

Model in TF FFing:
HPIM3657_zps4ac5f29d.jpg

When I took those pictures I was doing quick and dirty installs with the seatbelt for the Sureride (TF was already in RFing with LATCH, FFing was a quick seatbelt) but I found it to be very easy to get to the correct angle and tight, easier than my TF due to not having to deal with lockoffs and evil buttons that line up with said lockoffs.

(Sorry if these are huge, not sure if I got them all resized or not.)

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Is the SureRide installed with line level to ground? (45 degrees)? It looks more upright to me. In Canada it has to be installed at line level to ground. :thumbsdown:

Chila88

OK, here we go, lol. (I had some grandiose plans to post a review/comparison and never got around to it...oops) From the side RFing: Room/height taken up RFing (with TF headrest): Side by side RFing: Model in the Sureride RFing: Model in the TF RFing: FFing from the side (sureride): FFing from the side (TF): Height in car: Side by side FFing: Model in Sureride FFing: Model in TF FFing: When I took those pictures I was doing quick and dirty installs with the seatbelt for the Sureride (TF was already in RFing with LATCH, FFing was a quick seatbelt) but I found it to be very easy to get to the correct angle and tight, easier than my TF due to not having to deal with lockoffs and evil buttons that line up with said lockoffs. (Sorry if these are huge, not sure if I got them all resized or not.)

Thx so much! So am I viewing everything correctly to say that the SR has higher top slots (I'm talking ff'ing) but the TF has a taller shell? Do you happen to know how each are outgrown ff'ing? (I assume tip of ears to top of shell or shoulders above harness straps). My kiddos have giant heads....so the super high harness slots on the SR won't do us much good if there isn't enough shell for the noggin. ;)

Keeyamah

Is the SureRide installed with line level to ground? (45 degrees)? It looks more upright to me. In Canada it has to be installed at line level to ground. :thumbsdown:

IIRC, yes it was. It surprised me because my mom's van seats are sorta slanted and most seats require a pool noodle or towels to reach the right angle. The TF and Scenera take like two towel, but the Sureride didn't, not sure why. I'm not sure why I didn't take a picture of that, but I didn't.

Keeyamah

Thx so much! So am I viewing everything correctly to say that the SR has higher top slots (I'm talking ff'ing) but the TF has a taller shell? Do you happen to know how each are outgrown ff'ing? (I assume tip of ears to top of shell or shoulders above harness straps). My kiddos have giant heads....so the super high harness slots on the SR won't do us much good if there isn't enough shell for the noggin. ;)
Oh, and your older model's shirt is pretty hilarious! :)

I'm not sure on the Sureride (manual is at my inlaws house) but I'm pretty sure it's got a standing height and ears/shoulders rule, but I remember a discussion about the TF being outgrown when the top of the head is even with the top of the shell according to the manual. That one I can check later tonight when my mom gets back with the van. I should google the Sureride, but in my older DS's case, he is going to run out of harness length before he gets to the top (6th) slot. And thanks on that shirt, it was one of my fav's for a while :p, he has since outgrown it, lol.

Chila88

Just ordered a Sureride. Looking forward to playing around with it....although part of me is wondering if I shouldn't have just got another MR. Freaking love that seat.

(On an aside , gotta love how BRU.ca's 'free shipping' isn't really free at all. Just a $20 credit toward shipping. That's so sleazy. False advertising drives me nuts!)

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
That would be sweet! I'd have trouble convincing my dad that he should spend $300 on a third car seat though!! In fact I'm not even sure if my mom has told him that he's getting a third car seat yet or not LOL

Wait a second... your parents pay for the seats for their cars? Jealous!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC