It's BaCk! The Great Trade-In Event at TRU/BRU!

ADS

1mommy

I'm in the same situation, we have an expired seat a friend gave us (before it expired) but I don't need anything, lol. I could get a spare seat for my Mom to use the rare times she transports Jake, but I could get a better deal with 30% off at kohls...

1mommy

Can I trade a car seat and use the discount toward a booster?

It all depends on if boosters are technically considered child seats or not, I would guess yes. You can trade in any of the items from the list and get a 25% off for other 1 any item from the list, they don't have to be in the same category.

MoonRocket

If all of the Frontiers are on sale- that means you can't use the trade in on them, right? I was hoping to pick one up with our just about outgrown RA50.

teekadog

This still has a lot of restrictions, right? I have a couple expired seats but all I need is a frontier zebra and that shows as only being available online.

shashoo

Do you all know if they don't have something in stock it they will order it for you in store and let you use your coupon? I have been a crazy person and picked up 3 seats people were throwing away to have for this...lol! My babies r us does not have a wide selection at all but would love to pick up some new items for my little jumping bean.

MommyShannon

I have an expired seat DH is really tired of taking up space. I just "justified" in my head at least, why I need a new easy to install FF seat for a spare. Even if I don't find a good deal, I will at least be rid of the seat finally!

YinzerMama

And nextfits are on sale. That purple nextfit is just never gonna come cheap... :mad:

eta - not on sale in the stores, only on line! really considering pulse... although studio would still be cheaper on albeebaby...

Last edited:

1mommy

Does anyone know if they will accept a naked infant seat without a harness? I washed the straps (I know better now) to an old now expired snugride that a friend gave me and misplaced them... i gave the seat to my friend to trade in but she doesn't want to look like an idiot she read that if the seat don't have a harness its not a car seat and you can't trade it in (like boosters)?

Thanks

YinzerMama

I see people asking why they won't take boosters but I don't see BRU answering - I think maybe it is a misunderstanding? they don't specify booster but they don't specify convertible or infant seat, either. Just "car seats."

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
That Facebook thread is 2.5 years old? So policies may have changed or maybe they were thinking booster seats as in kitchen booster seats and not car booster seats.

shashoo

I hadn't heard the no booster seat thing and turned in 2 LBB and 1 combination. They were all saved from the trash and looked horrific. It was embarrassing to think they thought they were my seats!!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I hadn't heard the no booster seat thing and turned in 2 LBB and 1 combination. They were all saved from the trash and looked horrific. It was embarrassing to think they thought they were my seats!!

Oh yeah, it IS embarrassing if they think it's yours! I peered into a filthy infant seat the other day and the preggy new mom was all, "Oh no, someone gave me that, I really think it's expired...." (actually not even close, but omg, you can't even imagine putting a newborn in that :p).

Boosters yes. Naked seats yes. Carseat bases no.

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Today, I gave a local mom two seats that had been in my garage and basement for years. I warned her that they were dirty and cobwebby. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC