Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: It's BaCk! The Great Trade-In Event at TRU/BRU!

Can anyone whose traded in or maybe Jools, tell me what is in the coupon book you're supposed to get?
    Riding in a 2014 Honda Odyssey
    DS1 July 2010 40 pounds 43" FF in a Congo Frontier 90
    and DS2 Nov 2012 27 pounds 36" ERF in a Faux Hawk Foonf

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Quote Originally Posted by 1mommy View Post
    Does anyone know if they will accept a naked infant seat without a harness? I washed the straps (I know better now) to an old now expired snugride that a friend gave me and misplaced them... i gave the seat to my friend to trade in but she doesn't want to look like an idiot she read that if the seat don't have a harness its not a car seat and you can't trade it in (like boosters)? Thanks
    They took mine!

We brought in a seat we were about to trash and had stripped down. We ordered a Radian online at the sale price and had it shipped to our house- 209. Then traded in our stroller that went with the seat for another coupon and were able to use it on a stroller that was on clearance. A City Mini Single -105. (Originally 250)

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaharris83 View Post
    Can anyone whose traded in or maybe Jools, tell me what is in the coupon book you're supposed to get?
    Nothing else good at all. I look through it for people all the time and it's really so un-useful I haven't even bothered remembering it! Sorry that's such a dumb answer, and so late after you asked it! lol.
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

Carseat Crazy

Do the carseats have to be full price? I was looking online at the G4 Britaxs and they are all marked down to $329 from $379. Are they marked down in the stores as well and if so, can I still buy one with the 25% off? Would the 25% off be from the sale price? If not, it's actually cheaper to buy on Amazon.

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

The carseats just have to be not a 'hot price', so the G4's will count, but not the B-safe or pioneer or frontier. They're 329 in the store, then 25% off that. They will price match OR use a coupon, whichever is a better deal. Yeah, almost anything online is almost always cheaper than even the great trade in... well, you can open a credit card and stack that extra 15%, that might be hard to compete with online...
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

Quote Originally Posted by joolsplus3 View Post
    Nothing else good at all. I look through it for people all the time and it's really so un-useful I haven't even bothered remembering it! Sorry that's such a dumb answer, and so late after you asked it! lol.
    Haha thanks!! I actually traded our seat in last week. You're right the coupon book was pretty lame. I looked at the guy and was like this is the coupon book?!?!

Oh well. We needed a new travel seat anyway and the Easy Fit 65 was just what I was looking for.
    Riding in a 2014 Honda Odyssey
    DS1 July 2010 40 pounds 43" FF in a Congo Frontier 90
    and DS2 Nov 2012 27 pounds 36" ERF in a Faux Hawk Foonf

8. Thank You from:

Quick tip. I traded a seat in and then used the 25% coupon at buy buy baby on a Clek Foonf. Babies R Us seemed very limited on convertible selections, plus the Chicco nextfits they stocked were some odd material compared to the ones sold at buy buy baby.

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus UlrikeDG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by amill View Post
    Quick tip. I traded a seat in and then used the 25% coupon at buy buy baby on a Clek Foonf. Babies R Us seemed very limited on convertible selections, plus the Chicco nextfits they stocked were some odd material compared to the ones sold at buy buy baby.
    Whoa! How does that work? Does BBB just take BRU coupons?
    Ulrike, mom to:
    Roman (3/98), Evalina (3/00), Nadia (3/03), and Kira (11/07)

See an inappropriate post? Don't reply to it; report it!
    Thanks for your help in keeping this a safe, SPAM-free zone!

Quote Originally Posted by UlrikeDG View Post
    Whoa! How does that work? Does BBB just take BRU coupons?
    Sure. Most if not all major retailers accept competitor coupons.

CPS Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by amill View Post
    Their nextfits are bru exclusives which is how they normally sell for 299. A lot of people like the purple (or at least like the idea of purple and that's as purple as it gets for the nextfit) and personally I like the pulse a lot - although mainly because it looks great in my husband's car. I don't know if I'd have liked it otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by YinzerMama View Post
    Their nextfits are bru exclusives which is how they normally sell for 299. A lot of people like the purple (or at least like the idea of purple and that's as purple as it gets for the nextfit) and personally I like the pulse a lot - although mainly because it looks great in my husband's car. I don't know if I'd have liked it otherwise.
    The fabric seemed similar to the pria 70 which everyone complains that it stains very easily. The checkered pattern of the next fit when sold anywhere else looks and feels a lot nicer. It's kind of odd the seat retails for more at BRU than other locations while coming with the different upholstery.

CPS Fanatic

checkered? The one I have seen at target and the mystique I have ordered both feel like the same material. The studio is the only one I have seen that looks to have any sort of patterning to it.

Regardless, that's cool you were able to work a deal with BBB. :-) I wish we had one here.