It's BaCk! The Great Trade-In Event at TRU/BRU!

ADS

sarahknavy

Does anyone know if they will accept a naked infant seat without a harness? I washed the straps (I know better now) to an old now expired snugride that a friend gave me and misplaced them... i gave the seat to my friend to trade in but she doesn't want to look like an idiot she read that if the seat don't have a harness its not a car seat and you can't trade it in (like boosters)? Thanks

They took mine!

We brought in a seat we were about to trash and had stripped down. We ordered a Radian online at the sale price and had it shipped to our house- 209. Then traded in our stroller that went with the seat for another coupon and were able to use it on a stroller that was on clearance. A City Mini Single -105. (Originally 250)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Can anyone whose traded in or maybe Jools, tell me what is in the coupon book you're supposed to get?

Nothing else good at all. I look through it for people all the time and it's really so un-useful I haven't even bothered remembering it! Sorry that's such a dumb answer, and so late after you asked it! lol.

Hazelandlucy

Do the carseats have to be full price? I was looking online at the G4 Britaxs and they are all marked down to $329 from $379. Are they marked down in the stores as well and if so, can I still buy one with the 25% off? Would the 25% off be from the sale price? If not, it's actually cheaper to buy on Amazon.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
The carseats just have to be not a 'hot price', so the G4's will count, but not the B-safe or pioneer or frontier. They're 329 in the store, then 25% off that. They will price match OR use a coupon, whichever is a better deal. Yeah, almost anything online is almost always cheaper than even the great trade in... well, you can open a credit card and stack that extra 15%, that might be hard to compete with online...

kaharris83

Nothing else good at all. I look through it for people all the time and it's really so un-useful I haven't even bothered remembering it! Sorry that's such a dumb answer, and so late after you asked it! lol.

Haha thanks!! I actually traded our seat in last week. You're right the coupon book was pretty lame. I looked at the guy and was like this is the coupon book?!?!

Oh well. We needed a new travel seat anyway and the Easy Fit 65 was just what I was looking for.

amill

Quick tip. I traded a seat in and then used the 25% coupon at buy buy baby on a Clek Foonf. Babies R Us seemed very limited on convertible selections, plus the Chicco nextfits they stocked were some odd material compared to the ones sold at buy buy baby.

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Quick tip. I traded a seat in and then used the 25% coupon at buy buy baby on a Clek Foonf. Babies R Us seemed very limited on convertible selections, plus the Chicco nextfits they stocked were some odd material compared to the ones sold at buy buy baby.

:thumbsup: Whoa! How does that work? Does BBB just take BRU coupons?

YinzerMama

Their nextfits are bru exclusives which is how they normally sell for 299. A lot of people like the purple (or at least like the idea of purple and that's as purple as it gets for the nextfit) and personally I like the pulse a lot - although mainly because it looks great in my husband's car. I don't know if I'd have liked it otherwise.

amill

Their nextfits are bru exclusives which is how they normally sell for 299. A lot of people like the purple (or at least like the idea of purple and that's as purple as it gets for the nextfit) and personally I like the pulse a lot - although mainly because it looks great in my husband's car. I don't know if I'd have liked it otherwise.

The fabric seemed similar to the pria 70 which everyone complains that it stains very easily. The checkered pattern of the next fit when sold anywhere else looks and feels a lot nicer. It's kind of odd the seat retails for more at BRU than other locations while coming with the different upholstery.

YinzerMama

checkered? The one I have seen at target and the mystique I have ordered both feel like the same material. The studio is the only one I have seen that looks to have any sort of patterning to it.

Regardless, that's cool you were able to work a deal with BBB. :) I wish we had one here.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC