How well does your child sleep in the radian?

YinzerMama

Forward facing?

In a convoluted way, the answer will determine whether or not to return the roundabout 50 that I have hidden in my 10yo's closet. (trust me, it is quite convoluted. I am the best overthinker I know.)

My radians are rxt's if it matters. I'd like to get a 120 but they are super scarce right now.

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
My almost-six-year-old DN has ridden in a FF Radian in my car for the past few years and has slept in in many times without any issues. He just uses the wings as a headrest. :)

mscarder

We use a Radian XTSL (so headwings) FF in a bucket seat of 09 Sienna and don't have head slump issues...Kiddo rest head on the head wings.

Syllieann

Not well at all in the upright position. I'm not able to get a good install in recline in that position so that might make a difference.

jacqui276

DS has never ridden in it FFing but my nephew has and always falls asleep in it. He sleeps quite well and stays upright. This is him asleep in my RXT at age 4 (installed in the upright position):

sleep6_zps7485144c.jpg

VoodooChile

My almost 5-y/o isn't much of a car sleeper, but on the rare occasion he has fallen asleep in his ff RXT, he's been fine--no head slump or discomfort at all.

HappyHoo

DD had head slump issues in the Radians FF ... she also had issues in the Nautilus, Marathon and Frontier85. (Somehow though she does very well in a hbb thankfully)

DS rarely has headslump issues in the Radian65 (no headwings), Nautilus or Frontier85.

I was able to get the Radian installed a bit reclined though so that helped - it wasn't as upright as it can be.

So for me, it's hard to say a particular seat causes head slump since my kids have been opposites re: head slump in the exact same seats.

cookie123

Matt slumped when he slept in the old Radian 65 until we showed him how to put his head against the side and that actually worked!

Lenae

This is my niece at around 5 years old.
615963_480061562028378_849150024_o.jpg

My daughter has only ridden FF in the RXT once or twice, and never fell asleep, so the only experience I have is with my niece.

YinzerMama

This is my niece at around 5 years old.
615963_480061562028378_849150024_o.jpg

My daughter has only ridden FF in the RXT once or twice, and never fell asleep, so the only experience I have is with my niece.

LOL I love that pic!!!

Well it looks like slightly better odds of good sleepers.

I've never had a kid sleep in mine ff which is why I asked. My bigger twin is currently using it but only for the past month or so, has never slept in it.

And I still don't know if I should return the roundabout lol

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
My nanny kiddo napped in the RXT FFing constantly. I think he only had headslump once. I loved it.

thekatie

J2 isn't quite 3 so he's only been forward facing a handful of times ever. He napped just fine on a 30 minute car ride to meet friends once. He didn't seem uncomfortable to me, didn't slump down badly or anything. The wings seemed to keep his head up fine.

On the other hand, on the 14 hour trip to Disney he didn't sleep at all, even though he woke up at 8:30am and didn't take a nap that day, and we left at about 9pm that night. Not a single wink of sleep. I don't really think it was a comfort thing though, just excitement.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
I'm not a fan. I just switched from the R80 (now the R120, whatever) to the RXT to see if that helps.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC