Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by shashoo View Post

If you can, take some pics of your ff installation since that is the one that is most important to you and maybe we can help get it tight. I love my TWE for travel cause it is so light and installs easily in almost every car I have tried, rock solid! I just can't imagine it not working but I also never had to work with leather seats...
    Yeah mine too, I've never had a car that I can't get a good install in, both rear and forward facing
    Chrissy Mum to : Ds Isaac(6) & dd Annabelle(2)

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: -25kg harnessed seats in Germany

Quote Originally Posted by ketchupqueen View Post
    Just FYI, the gripper is not improving your installation. It's only masking the problem and in a crash you should not expect it to hold, it will perform as it would without the gripper.

Do you have long buckle stalks? Did you try twisting them down (up to 3 times?)
    This is what I worry about.

My stalks are not long enough to twist.

I took some pictures, but I have to upload them somewhere then share them here.
    I am really frustrated with this seat. I seriously don't have days on end to ignore my kids while I install this seat. No wonder no one wants these type seats in Germany :/

Anyone have FaceTime or Skype?

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

I have Skype, I've only put your seat in twice but I'm handy with a manual, feel free to pm, me if you would like to set up a time I can try to trouble shoot...
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

Do your seat belts lock? If not are you using a locking clip? I have photos at home of a ff install I can post them later on today.
    Chrissy Mum to : Ds Isaac(6) & dd Annabelle(2)

I have FT and Skype and I'm in Europe. But I'm not a tech... I have, however, installed my TWE many times. I don't have mine to show you right now though bc our car is parked at DH's hospital and it'll remain there for another 8 days I think (long story).
    Mom to Caterina born January 12, 2009 and FF in a TWE and Julian born September 6, 2012 and RF in a Varioguard

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

If you'd like a three-way Skype I'm open to that, and can arrange to be up early or late at a time that works for both of you, to be an extra set of eyes.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

Carseat Crazy

Thanks so much for being so nice. I am sorry I am getting so frustrated. I am going crazy

I just sent some pictures and email to Hakan, hopefully he has some time today and he can clear this up for me. If not then I will send ya'll my skype info and try to set something up.

Senior Community Member Adventuredad's Avatar

I have seen a video of the installation FF. It looks normal and I can't see anything incorrect with the seat or the installation. A forward facing seat will not be rock solid when installed with seat belt. It's not possible and also not meant to be this way.

TWE is rock solid in rear facing position. The seat will not move since it's leaning against front seat and then tied down with tether straps. If it's not solid then straps are likely not tight enough or perhaps the seat is not leaning against front seat.

A rock solid installation FF is only possible with Isofix. The weight limit is then 18 kg with harness and 36 kg with seat belt. Both are equally safe for kids 4+ although we strongly recommend using the seat belt due to the very high neck loads when harnessing. Using a shield type of seat is also a terrible idea.

Rear facing is a very new thing in Germany. It's understandable that knowledge in stores is very poor. I would not say that any of the seats are difficult to install. I think a few minutes is acceptable time which is how long it takes to install TWE RF.
    Annika: 8 • Britax Adventure
    Daniel: 11 • Britax Adventure
    I will only post ONE comment in each thread. If you have further questions send a PM or email
    Imported child seats may not conform to applicable safety standards, laws or customs regulations in some countries.