Britax Boulevard / CARES harness on Singapore Airline long haul flight

S

Silvia

Hello all,
We will be flying to Indonesia or Singapore in the summer. The total travel time is about 30 hours. I will be flying without DH with an almost 6 years old DS. DS is not quite 40 lbs and very thin. I'm considering about flying with Singapore Airlines (SQ). And would like an advice on whether I should take our britax boulevard with us or using the CARES harness instead. I've never flew SQ before so I do not know how comfortable or if it is possible to install a Britax Boulevard on their economy seat. And if we are to use CARES harness instead, I don't know whether or not it will affect the tray storage & tv of the passenger behind us.
The first leg of our flight, JFK to Frankfurt, we will be in an Airbus A380-800, with 19 inches seat width and 32 seat pitch. The second leg, Frankfurt to Jakarta or Singapore is a Boeing 777-300 with 18 or 19 inches seat width and 32 inches seat pitch.
Has anybody ever had any experience with these specific SQ flights using britax boulevard or CARES harness? Ideally since I will be travelling without another adult I prefer to use CARESS harness than hauling the britax boulevard, but the last thing that I want is for the passanger behind us to complain about us using the CARESS harness and we are left without any child safety restraint for DS.
We did flew all the way to Indonesia 2 years ago with britax boulevard with no problem whatsoever, but we flew EVA air evergreen deluxe which gave us the 38 inches seat pitch and 19.5 inches seat width. Unfortunately, their price has increased considerably that if I don't have to, I prefer not to go with that option. Thank you so much !

ADS

newyorkDOC

I'd do the cares and RSTV. Do you know if the cars you will use there will have a 3-pt seatbelt?

I hate traveling with car seats. Hate it. I do anything to avoid it. At 6 he will likely fit into a regular airline seat belt so you may not even need a cares but if it gives you peace of mind, go for it. It does not block the tray of the person behind you. When you install it you get them to pop it open so you install it under their tray. Then they close it back up.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC