Soooo has anyone ever seen this?

arly1983

I saw a 3 or 4 month old in a newer graco snugride (that recent navy cow print). We were in the Olive Garden and I got a REALY good look. This kid was dressed to the nines.

But there were no straps in his snugride at all. No straps. period. THe splitter plate was dangling.

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Ack! Nope, I haven't seen that yet, although I do see kiddos unbuckled in their infant seats placed on restaurant high chairs, restaurant booth seats, or shopping carts way too often. At the seat check for my CPST course, another team helped a mom who arrived with two under 20 lb. kiddos FF in second hand seats, including an infant seat (an old Century model, I believe) installed FF with the vehicle seatbelt wrapped around the handle, buckles completely missing from the harness, and the little one laying on her tummy in the infant seat. :eek: Thank goodness the mom had been referred to the seat check. She was receptive to keeping her kiddos RF in new convertible seats, which the techs taught her to properly install and use. :thumbsup:

MomToEliEm

Hopefully the straps were under the child. They could have taken the child out of the seat while dining and then layed her back in the seat unbuckled. Was the splitter plate dangling with only 1 strap attached, or 3 straps attached to it (1 strap for the tightening strap and two for the harness strap)?

arly1983

Hopefully the straps were under the child. They could have taken the child out of the seat while dining and then layed her back in the seat unbuckled. Was the splitter plate dangling with only 1 strap attached, or 3 straps attached to it (1 strap for the tightening strap and two for the harness strap)?

It was dangling by one strap which was about a foot long.

Trust me, they took him out while we were all waiting for a table and there was no harness straps at all. There wasn't even a crotch buckle.

cryswilkins

Maybe they have the baby in a convertable and the baby was not able to sit up yet so they keep the infant seat for places like that?

heyruthie

At the seat check for my CPST course, another team helped a mom who arrived with two under 20 lb. kiddos FF in second hand seats, including an infant seat (an old Century model, I believe) installed FF with the vehicle seatbelt wrapped around the handle, buckles completely missing from the harness, and the little one laying on her tummy in the infant seat.

:eek::eek::eek::eek: That horror story just got worse and worse!!! Thank God she came to a seat check!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Yes, thank goodness. That was the very first car to arrive at the seat check, too. Sorry for the threadjack.

cryswilkins

He was one tiny baby but I will hope and pray that was it.

I have a slipped disc in my back, so I put my DD in her RA as soon as she fit well. The infant seat killed me. I however, didn't think of keeping the bucket around for such occasions.

ignora

Senior Community Member
Yeah... but the baby should still be strapped in to be safe, even if they're not using the seat in the car....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC