Peg convertible vs Pria

cookie123

The BrUS event is back and I'm still pondering what to do about Griffin's convertible seat. I'd kind of decided on the Peg, then in view of the height comparison I'm second guessing that. People seem to like the Pria. Some questions I have - Low profile or not? Short crotch strap or not? Higher shell for rf or not? It has a 40" limit right? Too deep for easy in and out? Will the thing install in the Prius lol!

ADS

MommyShannon

It does have a 40" limit. DD2 is 38.5" and just about outgrown our Britax seats. She has a pretty normal torso so if the Peg is outgrown the same as Britax, the Pria likely lasts as long or slightly longer.

romanoma

I love the looks and feel of the pria. I sooooo want one!! cant answer any of your questions but just wanted to say that lol. subbing to hear more comparisons :D

Lenae

I came down to the Peg and the Pria, and I picked Pria. Sassy is 4 years old and 37" with tons of room to grow. It isn't low profile, but I do feel like the sides at the legs aren't as deep as some other seats, which seems to make it easier for climbing in and out of. It is CRAZY cushy, my kids fight over sitting in it. I don't find the crotch strap to be particularly short, install has been easy everywhere I've put it, but I've never tried it in a Prius. The harness adjust is very easy and smooth. 3 recline positions, 1 & 2 for FF, 2 & 3 for RF. I really love the seat. Great leg room, too.

cookie123

I'm interested in NOT having the low profile because the windows in the Prius are high or the seats are low or something and it's nice if kiddo can see out. Although I had to get the Pro Ride before Matthew could see out and he was forward facing! And I think 4 years old! So it might not matter in the end.

Is the harness continuous?

Lenae

I'm interested in NOT having the low profile because the windows in the Prius are high or the seats are low or something and it's nice if kiddo can see out. Although I had to get the Pro Ride before Matthew could see out and he was forward facing! And I think 4 years old! So it might not matter in the end.

Okay, not low profile. Harness is not continuous, but it is no rethread. I also love the harness height in relation to the headwings. They aren't too low or high when at the correct position for RF or FF.

thekatie

The BrUS event is back and I'm still pondering what to do about Griffin's convertible seat. I'd kind of decided on the Peg, then in view of the height comparison I'm second guessing that. People seem to like the Pria. Some questions I have - Low profile or not? Short crotch strap or not? Higher shell for rf or not? It has a 40" limit right? Too deep for easy in and out? Will the thing install in the Prius lol!
I wouldn't call it low profile, exactly. The top of the seat definitely sticks up above my window line installed behind the passenger, but it doesn't block vision or anything. J2 is 2y10m, 27lb and 35" in 18M or 24M tops and 2T pants, and he won't climb into it, but he doesn't climb into the RXT either (only seat he ever willingly climbed into was the CCO).

My sense of "scale" on height doesn't exist ;) I have a very small kid and no other toddlers to compare him and the seats to. But I mentioned his stats, and he still has a few inches of shell above his head. I also don't know that the crotch strap is particularly short, normal or long, sorry.

I have no trouble swinging J2 into the seat rear facing. It just isn't hard, at all... but I had the seat forward facing for a day in DH's car, and it did feel awkward. Pretty sure that's just because I'm not used to it.

I drive an RX350 and J2 can definitely see out. He keeps up a running commentary of everything he sees. Including cross street red lights. Sigh. But I don't know how Prius windows compare.

ebp913

I just wanted to say that I adore my Peg seat. My kids are average height though so I'm not real concerned about the shell height but I find the seat VERY easy to use and install. The harness is so easy to adjust and tighten and I love the way it sits up on the base. The fabrics are fantastic and my DD never sweats in the seat even though we live in Texas. It's a semi open seat and it's smaller front to back and side to side so it's nice for other people riding in the front or back with the seat. I am about to get a second one. I love it so much.

I had it my Prius briefly before I sold it and it was a great fit in there.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC