Booster 3rd Row Dodge Grand Caravan

Klgmay

I'm looking for a booster to start booster training my almost 5 year old this summer. She is 41# and 42" tall. Our van is a 2011. We currently have 2 rear facing seats in the captains chairs and can't get a good install with the rear facing radian in the 3rd seat. The other rear facing seat is a Chico key fit. The 3rd row is 2 recaro prosports and only one is tethered unfortunately. I can't put my newborn in the back as she is a preemie and I have to monitor her breathing. Would my almost 5 year old be safer in a booster than an untethered harness?

What boosters will work with the belt guides in the third row? I heard the kiddy Cruiserfix pro will work but it is pricey. I'm ok spending the money if it's my best bet.

ADS
I'll let someone else speak to the booster vs. harness, but since you'll need a booster soon either way...

My daughter loves her 2013 Parkway in the 3rd row of our Caravan. The older style Parkway didn't work back there, but the newer one works great. I've also heard the Evenflo Big Kid works back there as well.

Klgmay

Thanks! Any other recs?

I'll let someone else speak to the booster vs. harness, but since you'll need a booster soon either way...

My daughter loves her 2013 Parkway in the 3rd row of our Caravan. The older style Parkway didn't work back there, but the newer one works great. I've also heard the Evenflo Big Kid works back there as well.

jaemom

I have a Compass folding booster and a Recaro vivo in my 3 rd row, 2012 Caravan. They are both set pretty tall, for my 8 and 9 yo. I didn't have a lot of luck trying them with my 6 yo, 46" and 42lbs. I tried the evenflo amp and it worked well, but wasn't tall enough for my older 2. The harmony defender combination seat works ok as a booster there too. I have the older style parkway and it didn't work there, nor does our turbobooster with safety surround. Good luck.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC