Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Booster 3rd Row Dodge Grand Caravan

I'm looking for a booster to start booster training my almost 5 year old this summer. She is 41# and 42" tall. Our van is a 2011. We currently have 2 rear facing seats in the captains chairs and can't get a good install with the rear facing radian in the 3rd seat. The other rear facing seat is a Chico key fit. The 3rd row is 2 recaro prosports and only one is tethered unfortunately. I can't put my newborn in the back as she is a preemie and I have to monitor her breathing. Would my almost 5 year old be safer in a booster than an untethered harness?

What boosters will work with the belt guides in the third row? I heard the kiddy Cruiserfix pro will work but it is pricey. I'm ok spending the money if it's my best bet.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy
    I'll let someone else speak to the booster vs. harness, but since you'll need a booster soon either way...

My daughter loves her 2013 Parkway in the 3rd row of our Caravan. The older style Parkway didn't work back there, but the newer one works great. I've also heard the Evenflo Big Kid works back there as well.
    DD1 - 10yo, 70lbs, 53" 2013 Parkway SG or Turbobooster
    DD2 - 8yo, 65lbs, 52" Turbobooster
    DD3 - 6yo, 45lbs, 44" 2013 Parkway SGL or Turbobooster
    DS - Due March 2019

Thanks! Any other recs?

Quote Originally Posted by momto3princesses View Post
    I'll let someone else speak to the booster vs. harness, but since you'll need a booster soon either way...

My daughter loves her 2013 Parkway in the 3rd row of our Caravan. The older style Parkway didn't work back there, but the newer one works great. I've also heard the Evenflo Big Kid works back there as well.

Carseat Crazy
    I have a Compass folding booster and a Recaro vivo in my 3 rd row, 2012 Caravan. They are both set pretty tall, for my 8 and 9 yo. I didn't have a lot of luck trying them with my 6 yo, 46" and 42lbs. I tried the evenflo amp and it worked well, but wasn't tall enough for my older 2. The harmony defender combination seat works ok as a booster there too. I have the older style parkway and it didn't work there, nor does our turbobooster with safety surround. Good luck.

Carseat Crazy
    we have had Graco affix successfully in our caravan 3rd row. but it's a 2006 so the seat belts may be different?

Bump for more opinions.