Most support/recline

scoutingbear

Which FF seat (convertible or combination) has the most support/recline FF? Besides the MR. Kid is 3.5 years, 37lbs, 39" tall. Has mixed tone and tightness on right side. Car sleeping happens often. Wears 5T shirts. Has almost outgrown the MR FF.

ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
What about the True Fit? It has 2 recline options to use either FF or RF. The new SI model looks like the wings come in closet to the head which could be better for sleeping.

scoutingbear

Seats we own are: radian x3, GN (expires this year), MR (almost outgrown), FR85, and clone. If I do the FR85 in one vehicle, I can try other seats out. Almost positive without trying that the GN won't work for her. Radians seem to be hit or miss for slumpy kids; mine don't have headwings. But DS2 was a slumper in everything but the FR and radian. So it might work. Though my love affair with that seat is limited to rf'ing. I need something good and supportive for the main vehicle.

Keeyamah

I can get you a picture of my DS in his Sureride this evening (I'll be picking him up from daycare in a couple hours), but he is much larger than your kiddo needing it (45-48lbs and 44"). I'd throw my younger DS in there for comparison too if you want me too, but he is about 10lbs lighter and 7" shorter than yours, lol.

Keeyamah

If you want them, here they are

Quinn:

Sean:

Disclaimer, the little one does NOT ride in this seat, which is why the straps are at his ears :). This photo op was the first time he has ever sat in a FFing seat :p

scoutingbear

Hmmm. I wonder what the shoulder width of the radian is compared to the sure ride. I will keep options open since we have seats but some are expiring and others just might not work.

Lenae

The Pria has two recline positions for FF. 22-40 lbs for more reclined, 41-70 lbs for less reclined. It's very supportive. I think I have a picture of Sass somewhere in it FF if you'd like me to look.

ETA: Pics

This is actually in the most upright position, because DH installed it and didn't know it needed to be in the 2nd position. His vehicle seats are also very upright (pickup) so I think there would be more recline to it in say, a van or car.
null_zps05f4350a.jpg

null_zpsaedd716b.jpg

YinzerMama

The combination of minnie mouse dress and girlie pria is too much :love:

I am not sure how the height would work out since I thought the myride was pretty tall but would a nextfit work? Lots of recline options, very supportive, cozy, and on sale now at albeebaby...

You would get more use out of a fr85 but I am not sure I'd call it supportive. It is comfortable but more flat than scoop-like, like the nextfit is.

scoutingbear

I think I need a field trip to Buy Buy baby. Lol. I don't really warn to have to buy 4 new seats. But I need something In The van that will work well. Darn tall kid. RF'ing is just so much easier!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC