Question Renting or borrowing CARES in Edmonton, Canada

U

Unregistered

Hello! I am looking to rent or borrow a CARES airplane safety harness in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I was advised that folks on this site would be a great resource! I have tried looking for one, but only got a result in Calgary, and we are leaving on January 26. Any tips would be appreciated! Thank you.

ADS

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Hi there, and welcome to car-seat.org.

While we do have a Swap Forum where members sell a variety of items -- and where any reference to buying/selling/renting/etc needs to remain -- it's possible we can help you out without going that route as your timeline is short.

If you're after a CARES harness then I would presume you have purchased a seat on the plane for your child. What are your plans for a car seat at your destination? Is there a reason you can't bring your car seat onto the plane with you, install it and harness your child in it, and avoid the need for a CARES harness altogether? Kids tend to be much more comfortable in their usual car seat, and then you can verify the seat's whereabouts and integrity at all times. However, you might have a seat awaiting you at your destination.

If I've made some inaccurate assumptions here please forgive me, but do fill us in as to your specific travel scenario and hopefully we can give you some ideas. Buying a new CARES harness is also an option.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC